For the love of BEANS! PIPING....!

Thank you so much, that's what I needed!!!!! no I thought that a water filter filtered water?? Lol Not too bad an assumption. lmao I'm having the same problem with my air filter? am I missing something with that one too? Ive been playing since I made this post and I started a ventilation system but its just making things worse. My whole place is now flooded with carbon dioxide and natural gas. D;

2 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Are you using a water filter, and think it should clean water? That's not what a water filter does. You need a water distiller (previously called water purifier).

I didn't know that lol I thought water filter filters water. But thank you! 

Just now, xHarleyQuinnx said:

I didn't know that lol I thought water filter filters water. But thank you! 

The naming is terrible. That's the main problem. A water distiller implies it steams and condenses water which would mean it would also kill germ and separate out dirt (like when you build a full distiller using an aquatuner), and why does a water distiller use sand? It makes no sense.

The proper names should be liquid separator for the liquid filter, and water filter (or maybe purifier but that still implies removing germs to some extent at least).

Oh wow. that's crazy! That's why I was so messed up. Its almost as if the game just expects you to know what goes to what goes to where.  I was thinking what am I doing so wrong?! I ended up getting a pretty good set up with my new new new base and I hated to see it go so I just stopped playing until I got some help. Can you tell me about the air filtration now too? I'm dealing with carbon dioxide, and natural gas. things appeared to be working briefly and now the chambers are flooded and everyone is suffocating. I have no time to lose!!! :( Do I need some sort of "distiller" type thing for that one too, all I have is the pump for that one and the filter as well.

42 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

The naming is terrible. That's the main problem. A water distiller implies it steams and condenses water which would mean it would also kill germ and separate out dirt (like when you build a full distiller using an aquatuner), and why does a water distiller use sand? It makes no sense.

The proper names should be liquid separator for the liquid filter, and water filter (or maybe purifier but that still implies removing germs to some extent at least).

would you mind looking at these pictures n giving me some advice about my air filter and what I'm doing wrong?

The solution requires you think about how gases move in your base. CO2 is heavy and will fall to the bottom right. Hydrogen is light and will rise to the top left.

First thing you need to do is to have a bottom right most point in the base. Here you place a carbon skimmer. That gets rid of the CO2.

You don't really have to worry about natural gas unless it's from a natural geyser. Then you need to seal that in. But small amounts is probably from dupes farting. And you can pretty much ignore that for now.

Polluted oxygen is not dangerous unless there's risk of slime lung but deoderizers convert polluted oxygen to clean oxygen.

You also have way too many algae deoxydizers. 1 per 6-8 dupes is enough. More, and it'll just chew through your algae in no time.

2 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

The solution requires you think about how gases move in your base. CO2 is heavy and will fall to the bottom right. Hydrogen is light and will rise to the top left.

First thing you need to do is to have a bottom right most point in the base. Here you place a carbon skimmer. That gets rid of the CO2.

You don't really have to worry about natural gas unless it's from a natural geyser. Then you need to seal that in. But small amounts is probably from dupes farting. And you can pretty much ignore that for now.

Polluted oxygen is not dangerous unless there's risk of slime lung but deoderizers convert polluted oxygen to clean oxygen.

Thank you thank you! Ill see if I cant get something shakin before they all die. XD I feel like playing this game is like chemistry class haha

@xHarleyQuinnx   You also have a problem with oxygen pressure - it's very low.  The lower your oxygen pressure is, the more the CO2 (and other gasses) will expand and fill your base.  I see at least a couple algae deoxydizers, but they don't appear to be working.  Deoxydizers basically need to be your highest priority - keeping them running.  Pay attention to your algae inventory and make sure you always have a good amount of excess, even if you have to dig just to go get it.  When your oxygen pressure is high, the CO2 will compress down and not fill as much space.

That, or set up an electrolyzer.  But you may want to get a handle on the more basic stuff first before you start messing with electrolyzers.

natural gas, if from a flatulent dupe, will be a huge problem later.  I'd recommend avoiding flatulent dupes at all costs, no matter what else they have, and perhaps starting over if you have one.  You just don't need to be dealing with that when you're first learning the game.

I also avoid flatulent dupes like the plague.  I don't start separating my gases until I have a really good reason do (ie need more CO2 for CO2 skimmers or nat gas/hydrogen to generators.

Later in the game, I will pump oxygen from my ice biome into my main base - allows me to use electrolyzers without heating the main area up.

On 10/27/2017 at 6:19 PM, xHarleyQuinnx said:

would you mind looking at these pictures n giving me some advice about my air filter and what I'm doing wrong?

the yellow output is the one that outputs the type of gas you selected in the filter, I think your connection is inversed.

Archived