Will the new cosmetics use Steam Inventory?

BiddoBams

Simple question, but will the new cosmetics and items use Steam inventory? The new skins and such I understand, but with the large amount of profile icons, banners and vignettes, it could really clutter up the Steam inventory bits. I have a feeling this new system is designed to replace the old system (future items will be isolated from Steam)

If they do use Steam inventory: Will they be tradable and marketable? It would make sense if the new Warrior skins would not be, since they have the option to be purchased directly.

Also; what would you guys prefer? Everything falling under the Steam Inventory? Or maybe just the non-event items?

• Developer
40 minutes ago, Ashkain said:

Also; what would you guys prefer? Everything falling under the Steam Inventory? Or maybe just the non-event items?

I'd like the latter plus a few event items.

What I think will happen is, Event - Event items will stay off team, and Event items that are skins of other items will stay on it, while the emotes, player bgs and loading screens will stay off of it as well.

Maybe there could be a way to trade/sell those in-game, too?

Oh, its not just elegants. EVERY event item is non-tradable or marketable. Makes sense I guess. I wonder if all future elegants will be like this..?

I still  hope they appear in your steam inventory so you can look at them and go "yes" with pride.

4 hours ago, StarmanNess said:

non-event items will most likely stay on steam, but ive always liked the market on steam and it would be a shame if they did away with that.

I honestly don't mind not having the Steam Market for new cosmetics if there is a way to directly purchase them from Klei. I think most people can appreciate elegants being a fairly set price.  Many players are....probably put off by the generally rising prices of character elegants on the community market. (GOH Wendy used to be $5.00 USD! Its price has certainly risen a lot over the past two years.)

Archived