Forge Feedback

ButterStuffed

The Forge has been out for a couple of days now and I think i've gotten a fairly good grasp on how the gamemode works. I'll start off with the things that I think are problems sometimes with proposed solutions and then move onto the things I like.

Problems:

• The massive Tortank wave about halfway through is extremely tedious. It's not particularly hard even if the team is not working together very well but it just takes way too long to complete. Maybe reduce the amount of Tortanks that spawn or reduce their health. Whatever makes it less of a chore.
  • Melee attacks with the forge hammers make targets vulnerable when hit. The damage indicators should make this obvious since it's not obvious that's what is happening. Having the damage numbers light up or become noticeably bolded whenever your damage is being increased by the vulnerability would be a good solution.
  • Throughout the fight Battlemaster Pugna will start up a dialogue that takes far too long to finish. For the first couple of times I was alright with it but after a bunch of fights later it becomes one of those long cutscenes that is totally unskippable. Something that could solve this is if the player goes nearby Pugna and interacts with him in some way (Shoot a dart at him or throws a rock?) he will then skip the dialogue and immediately spawn the next wave.
  • The UI for the health of your companions is far too small considering the amount of free space that is available. If the size of that was increased by a bit it would make the healers job a lot easier.
  • The aoe special abilities (petrify book, rock smash, healing flowers, and meteor strike) should have a big circular range indicator around the player as it's being cast. It's extremely annoying when you get the placement just right but end up walking forward a little bit because you were a little out range and completely messing up the timing. This is even more annoying since it's not possible to cancel the cast of abilities once it's done so no take backs.
  • Playing as the Distractor/Rodeo Clown/Runner is really boring because of how long it takes for the rest of the team to finish the cannon fodder enemies off.
  • When using the emoticons the text box will automatically show some potential options depending on what you've written down. However it does not autocomplete it when you use the arrow keys to select the one you want. It really should do this.

Positives:

• The Forge has exceeded expectations with the way combat works. Teamwork is key and if there is no cooperation you will most definitely die. I love it.
  • Every character is useful! Even Wes!
  • The Curio Cabinet is amazing! Improved loadout UI with the ability to not only see which items you don't own but preview them! Good stuff.
  • Additional types of cosmetic items to collect is always nice!
  • I like the "Often Killed By" part of the item collection. Depth Worms can taunt me even when i'm not in the game.
  • The Quickmatch button is very nice and I am glad that it exists. Less work for me.
  • I'm not sure if the loot box thing is staying even after The Forge is finished but if it is I am alright with it. Maybe the 30$ elegants will fall down to a reasonable price because of it? I dunno, either way i'm good.
  • More lore is always nice.

That's about it I think. Don't let the larger problems section trick you into thinking I dislike The Forge. It's just easier (for me atleast) to criticize than to praise. I also thought it'd be more useful than praise.

Overall though I like the event and hope for more to come.

EDIT --

@ImDaMisterL

I've somehow managed to place this in the wrong suggestions forum. Would mind giving me a hand? :)

5 hours ago, Mikro said:

The Forge has been out for a couple of days now and I think i've gotten a fairly good grasp on how the gamemode works. I'll start off with the things that I think are problems sometimes with proposed solutions and then move onto the things I like.

Problems:

• The massive Tortank wave about halfway through is extremely tedious. It's not particularly hard even if the team is not working together very well but it just takes way too long to complete. Maybe reduce the amount of Tortanks that spawn or reduce their health. Whatever makes it less of a chore.

No. This wave doesn't takes long to complete. If your team is working together, that is. Today I got the privilege to play with people that set up a plan beforing starting the game, and wow, the Tortanks went down really fast when we focused them one by one, using abilities to break their shield.

Try coordinating your team. Good luck. :D

Archived