Beta Rewards

TormentorEvolve

Would like to believe beta players will receive a chest for each level they acquired in the beta. Or even one for every two levels.

The event honestly requires grinding, it isn't fair for players who beta tested to have to repeat the grinding just because they were helping the developers test the event. The event is practically complete in its beta form, the testers are essentially playing the actual event but their progress isn't counting. It would be a punishment for the testers to have to grind all over again from scratch, but now with the event being less fresh then it would have been if they waited for the official release.

Also notice that everytime you unravel something, the game has to contact Klei's server. Begs the question if and why Klei is tracking how much spool players have.

3 hours ago, The Curator said:

The event is practically complete in its beta form, the testers are essentially playing the actual event but their progress isn't counting.

I'll disagree with you, as I know Klei's probably gonna rebalance a few things like characters and mob encounters.

What I'm really hoping they do is lower the overall health of the mobs so that forge fights can go quicker.

Simple answer: We don't know! Could be based on account level, could be based literally on time. Besides, I doubt it'll be a huge advantage of being in the beta. You won't miss out on any exclusive skins like the original DST beta :)  (i hope)

PErsonally I'd love to see more weapons so the entire team can grab. Infernal & living staffs, including Molten darts, are basically the prized weapons in the group, so if there were more weapons so the team wouldn't have to fight so much internally, there'd be smoother gameplay.

17 hours ago, minespatch said:

PErsonally I'd love to see more weapons so the entire team can grab. Infernal & living staffs, including Molten darts, are basically the prized weapons in the group, so if there were more weapons so the team wouldn't have to fight so much internally, there'd be smoother gameplay.

They'd have to balance out the fact that there could be multiple staves being used at the same time.

Perhaps for Living Staff only, each instance of it shares a cooldown? Or with each staff, the healing effect is weakened? Having two staves and not changing their properties would basically mean there would always be a flower field, and people just wouldn't die.

13 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

If i knew what is the award i would be more motivated to play

Better safe then sorry I feel, plus isn't the forge itself rewarding enough to play? :D

But nah, I really think it'll just be some chests, nothing special. The DST Beta firepit skin was for a beta that lasted many months. If they released a skin for a beta that lasted a week? That'd be pretty unfair to lots of people.

Most likely, based on what has been stated - aka "We will be providing items to players in the beta once The Forge goes live depending on how long you spent playing the beta" - plus the rarity/costs of high tier skins (Elegant tier ones and such) that needs to be kept, you will be given some low-mid tier level stuff, like Steam backgrounds and avatars, maybe some garlands skins etc. Not a single, special skin like with Beta DST/the firepit, bird cage etc. Maybe, we will see. Hope am not wrong as I haven't played Forge beta (am not into arena fighting games).

28 minutes ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

Most likely, based on what has been stated - aka "We will be providing items to players in the beta once The Forge goes live depending on how long you spent playing the beta" - plus the rarity/costs of high tier skins (Elegant tier ones and such) that needs to be kept, you will be given some low-mid tier level stuff, like Steam backgrounds and avatars, maybe some garlands skins etc. Not a single, special skin like with Beta DST/the firepit, bird cage etc. Maybe, we will see. Hope am not wrong as I haven't played Forge beta (am not into arena fighting games).

I mostly agree with it, but I do hope we'll get a loyal item. That's so loyal! It could be given to everyone who played the beta at all, and other skins with lower rarity based on how long one was playing.

Archived