Are there any plans on making the forge revisitable?

_midnightrain_

While I was playing the beta I just thought it would be cool to revisit that event in a year or so... So my question is simple: Does the dev team has any plans on making the forge revisitable after it is officially over? So that we could host a non-Klei-dedicated (private) forge server but without level progressions and loot drops... (it means without any rewards so that cheating for more loot drops is not possible).

And how do you think about this? Do you even desire to revisit the forge in a year or so?

1 hour ago, WilliamGreywind said:

I just want to see if modders can get their hand on this and make some truly magnificent fights? And whether or not we'll be able to go in this and just spawn an entire army of deerclops in the forge.

Unfortunately the stategraphs and I thinking prefab files of the entities and basically everything else isn't available for some reason. So, modders won't be able to do anything with the Forge is new stuff...which is what I was looking forward to the most :wilson_cry:...

4 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

One thing I hope Klei does is after the event they let players host their own forge servers, but with all the rewards disabled. There's some massive lore drops here. So people really should still be able to experience it after then event has ended.

Yeah - if I had a stressfull time at my job I would maybe not be able to play the forge enough to be satisfied or even at all. Then I would be really, I mean REALLY, sad that I would haved missed that event. So I also think it would be great to revisit this event later without the rewards for all the people with unpredictable jobs. But I think we will have to wait for a statement from the dev team if they have any plans about that.

Well, most things are there for modders to work with atm..

For example, i wanted to see how they implemented the aiming for the pyre poke of wigfrid's weapon. It's under spear_gungnir.lua. Even the assets are there when I krane'd it. Some of the enemies are there are well, but I didn't really look into it any further. (Since I'm not sure if im trampling on any copyrights atm)

The only question is who would want to make a mod for it..

4 hours ago, SourNVitriol said:

(Since I'm not sure if im trampling on any copyrights atm)

I think Klei is fine with people modding DST as long as you don't mod DST skins for DST's original items & characters & stuff :)!

Yeah, I already poked around in it to see what I could modify, and one huge thing that' missing is seemingly any brains for the mobs.  A few other things are missing too,, and they all link back to a folder which isn't visible in the directory.

Yeah, no brains, stategraphs.. but as another said, its possible to mod if you make a couple things from scratch.... Which would be difficult.

Then again, this is a beta, and maybe they aren't making it openly moddable yet because they will in the final version? At least I'd like to think that, I trust Klei thinks about the community enough to do that for us <3

Archived