Polluted oxygen production

I decided to start up a new base for multiple reasons, and figured I'd try to make a decently populated Morb Pit.

I've gotten the little guys to start spawning, and they're not escaping into the rest of my base, but I'm apparently really bad at trapping them.  Is there some trick to it I'm missing, or is it really just a timing thing on getting the 3 high walls into place?  Or is it best to simply cut out the floors from underneath them, forcing them into the pit (which is where I'm going to end up shortly)?

WBoLN36.jpg

You can trap them with horizontal pneumatic doors. They will try to go past them but will fall through them instead. I consider it an exploit, but it was the only efficient way to catch them before there were plastic traps so I get used to it.

39 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

Regarding spawning Morbs, I've been tinkering with a setup where I've got some outhouses disabled and some simply locked away.  It appears that Morb spawning only occurs if an outhouse is NOT deactivated but is full.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Yes, that is true.  It has to be locked away but NOT disabled. 

@Cilya On reload of a save they get uppity about getting it done.

So I just did some testing with an isolated outhouse in a test asteroid.  Findings were interesting.  Save/Reload is necessary as far as I've been able to tell.

Outhouse closed up day 6
1: 9
Waited to 19: No Morb. Reload.
2: 21
Reloaded game.
3: 23
Reloaded game.
4: 25
Let run to: 33 no morb.  Reload.
5: 35

On 10/18/2017 at 12:55 PM, Saturnus said:

So liquids, such as water, or vacuum above the PH2O prevents sublimation

Yeah, uh...  this part can't be true.  I've tried it before.  I vacated all the atmosphere out of a relatively large room, then pumped in P-H2O.  In just a few cycles I had ~100 g per square of P-O2 in every tile of the room.

What build was that test done in?  Mine during Outbreak.

23 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

What build was that test done in?  Mine during Outbreak.

Oil update. Latest build. But just to demonstrate I ran another... which you could have done yourself when you saw conflicting statements, mind you :D

2017-11-01.png

Archived