Few questions about sustainability

How do you get rid of naptha in the current build? Does it change under certain extreme temps? I know naptha will probably have uses in the future but I'm starting to pile a fair amount now.

It seems like pincha peppers require phospherite now. If it's not infinite, whats the best sustainable food?

Is there any better way to make slime besides puffs? It seems like an unreasonable way to do it.

I'd expect building over naptha to delete it if it can't go anywhere. Deconstructing pipes embedded in walls also seems to get rid of contents. The key is making sure that it can't be pushed away.

Mealwood is the best food. It tastes bad, but it's a minuscule penalty. If you want food that causes no stress, raw mushrooms and berries work.

Pufts are actually pretty good, but you need to properly engineer them. It is rather tedious to set up because you need to build tons of pneumatic doors to limit their movement. You need the puft to be at least one tile below ceiling AND to have a pneumatic door on it. Then you need water below the puft so that all the slime drops into the water. Then the puft will get pretty efficient to the point where you may have problems keeping its chamber filled with enough pO2 for it to keep working full time.

Naptha is a fantastic material. It's a liquid with virtually no solidification or evaporation temperature. It flows vertically... yes, that's right, it flows directly up if one tile is filled. As it's a liquid it can be mopped or pumped with a water bottler, and placed where you like a vacuum airlock. I use it quite a lot now because you can make those one tile vacuums to run heavi-watt cables much easier in the game this way. Of course, if you got enough you can also pump it around like any other liquid. 

11 hours ago, Grimgaw said:

There should be enough slime, phosphorite etc on the map to feed your dupes until you literally can't play the map anymore due to lag/fps problems.

This sounds a bit meta, but the game itself is not sustainable.

Agree, you will be bore yourself till the end, since nothing to build or search again,

I left the game running in background till cycles 800+ while i browsing and mailing

Its not playable with 10-20fps

Archived