Ore Scrubbers - Am I doing something wrong?

I set up ore scrubbers and have a chlorine chamber that pipes into it (divvies the chlorine appropriately from my balm lily farm to the scrubbers) and aside from a little bit of CO2 when I was first getting it sealed up it's been pumping nothing but chlorine and the pipe is 100% full the whole way. But the dupes won't use any of them. Not one by itself, not in any direction I set, and even if I juggle the pipe configurations they won't use them. Am I doing something wrong?I keep having large chunks of infected gold amalgam get into my base and it's stressful.

20171010105148_1.jpg

20171010105157_1.jpg

Some sort of bug regarding the pumps not being on I think.  Make sure your pump is always powered, regardless of the green meter on the scrubber.

The gas filter maybe exacerbating the bug as well.  Perhaps try filtering the gas into a small compartment and then pumping that gas separately with no filter to the scrubbers if nothing else works.

12 minutes ago, Kermack said:

Some sort of bug regarding the pumps not being on I think.  Make sure your pump is always powered, regardless of the green meter on the scrubber.

The pump isn't what's feeding the scrubbers through. The gas filter and that one bridge are.

Aside from that CO2 creeping its away to a soon to be broken ore scrubber I'm not seeing anything wrong there.

2 minutes ago, Risu said:

The pump isn't what's feeding the scrubbers through. The gas filter and that one bridge are.

Aside from that CO2 creeping its away to a soon to be broken ore scrubber I'm not seeing anything wrong there.

I can't really speak to his setup since he's using filters, I know that one time I turned off my pumps when the green meter on the scrubbers became full but soon realized they wouldn't use the scrubbers anymore, despite there still being plenty of chlorine gas in the pipes as well.

Turned my pump back on and they started using it again.  This leads me to believe the problem is how the scrubber reconciles the source of the gas instead of the gas itself.

8 minutes ago, Kermack said:

I can't really speak to his setup since he's using filters, I know that one time I turned off my pumps when the green meter on the scrubbers became full but soon realized they wouldn't use the scrubbers anymore, despite there still being plenty of chlorine gas in the pipes as well.

Turned my pump back on and they started using it again.  This leads me to believe the problem is how the scrubber reconciles the source of the gas instead of the gas itself.

Without anybody uploading a broken save all we can do is guess. It might have just needed a pipe network rebuild.

I maybe am wrong, but isnt your problem that you have connected white to white?

So like the picture on the right says, outpute pipe must be connected to building intake, but what you did was building intake to building intake, also white to white, what of course is not going to work as much as i know

20171010105148_1.jpg.9414630409e99a344061a9fd5ef2fd36.jpg

6 minutes ago, Histekia said:

That's a gas bridge it seems, that leads off to another Ore Scrubber (That also was accepting Carbon Dioxide at one point). But assuming that is the case, maybe putting the bridge two tiles down for an upwards connection into those two scrubbers, as well as the option to branch off over the bridge might kick it into shape. There tends to be weird little things that cause bugs like that.

1 minute ago, The Nightmare Tank said:

That's a gas bridge it seems, that leads off to another Ore Scrubber that (That also  was accepting Carbon Dioxide at one point). But assuming that is the case, maybe putting the bridge two tiles down for an upwards connection into those two scrubbers, as well as the option to branch off over the bright might kick it into shape. There tends to be weird little things that cause bugs like that.

I dont thing of it as a bug, but yeah putting down the bridge at last one tile would solve the problem, i had this once too in my early Oni days

Actually the bridge is working as intended. The bridge takes priority so gasses will go the the left first until it fills up, then it switches to the 2 right ore scrubbers. Those packets of carbon dioxide are the problem so you might have to deconstruct the ore scrubbers and also get rid of the carbon dioxide in the pipes.

You might prefer this piping so all scrubbers get about the same chance at receiving chlorine. Gasses will keep moving whether the gas pump is on or not; as long as it has an exit point.

20171010171615_1.thumb.jpg.0c978e87c990196e3f2c23c41325a19f.jpg

1 hour ago, MidnightSteam said:

Actually the bridge is working as intended. The bridge takes priority so gasses will go the the left first until it fills up, then it switches to the 2 right ore scrubbers. Those packets of carbon dioxide are the problem so you might have to deconstruct the ore scrubbers and also get rid of the carbon dioxide in the pipes.

That bridge would not work as intended, unless OP had intended it to bounce packets left/right in a random fashion :D

Having too many inputs on a line will cause the pipes to have a "confused" flow, which tends to lead to packets doubling back on themselves. The solution you offered is a much cleaner way of doing it, although personally i'd have bridged to each scrubber and allowed the pipe to saturate. T-Junctions are still god awful.

5 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

That bridge would not work as intended, unless OP had intended it to bounce packets left/right in a random fashion :D

Having too many inputs on a line will cause the pipes to have a "confused" flow, which tends to lead to packets doubling back on themselves. The solution you offered is a much cleaner way of doing it, although personally i'd have bridged to each scrubber and allowed the pipe to saturate. T-Junctions are still god awful.

It'd only ping-pong if there were multiple inputs trying to push it to different outputs.
OP has a priority line where the right side will only fill up once the left side can no longer take another packet.

Sorry, I meant when packets were being requested - i.e. the updated mini-indicators.

16 minutes ago, Risu said:

It'd only ping-pong if there were multiple inputs trying to push it to different outputs.
OP has a priority line where the right side will only fill up once the left side can no longer take another packet.

And yeah, I realised as you said it - with only the filtered output there's no conflict.

3 hours ago, Townkill said:

Are you sure theyre not using it?  Ore scrubbers remove a set amount of germs from an object.  Realistically you need to scrub slime 3-4 times to remove all germs

Hello, I'm positive they're not using it because I've sat there and watched them walk past it every time and deposit dirty ore into the storage units there and further into the base.

2 hours ago, Histekia said:

So like the picture on the right says, outpute pipe must be connected to building intake, but what you did was building intake to building intake, also white to white, what of course is not going to work as much as i know

The bridge with the third Ore Scrubber was a new addition I added long after I had issues where they were ignoring the first two. The pump at the pumping end was always on sending from the chlorine room up, and aside from those few carbon dioxide pockets it is full to capacity all the way down to the origin point where it branches. The filter was added to prevent Carbon Dioxide from breaking the first two (third was not so lucky) but once they filled up that was that. But yeah, even if I took the bridge out to remove priority pumping to the left or moved it down, they still won't use them. =( If it'll help I can upload my save that shows the whole line like someone mentioned, but I'm unsure of how to do that and a quick google search didn't yield instructions.

2 hours ago, MidnightSteam said:

You might prefer this piping so all scrubbers get about the same chance at receiving chlorine. Gasses will keep moving whether the gas pump is on or not; as long as it has an exit point.

20171010171615_1.thumb.jpg.0c978e87c990196e3f2c23c41325a19f.jpg

This is a very nice set-up, I might try to do this once I get this hiccup figured out =)

1 minute ago, helixlemon said:

Hello, I'm positive they're not using it because I've sat there and watched them walk past it every time and deposit dirty ore into the storage units there and further into the base.

The bridge with the third Ore Scrubber was a new addition I added long after I had issues where they were ignoring the first two. The pump at the pumping end was always on sending from the chlorine room up, and aside from those few carbon dioxide pockets it is full to capacity all the way down to the origin point where it branches. The filter was added to prevent Carbon Dioxide from breaking the first two (third was not so lucky) but once they filled up that was that. But yeah, even if I took the bridge out to remove priority pumping to the left or moved it down, they still won't use them. =( If it'll help I can upload my save that shows the whole line like someone mentioned, but I'm unsure of how to do that and a quick google search didn't yield instructions.

I'm fairly sure you should just simplify your system until the bug that stops scrubbers from working is fixed.  Whatever issue that causes a stall in packets from moving is probably causing the scrubber bug.  I know scrubbers supplied straight from a pure chlorine source with no filters and no junctions will work if the pump remains powered and the pipe is always primed.

From what I can see, the two right ore scrubbers are being used - with nothing done to the pipes. They don't remove all the germs though.

About 4 million germs

20171010200814_1.thumb.jpg.35e430128f0df10ceb5c7a0ece3002a9.jpg

3.5 million germs after first scrubber

20171010200828_1.thumb.jpg.98a98b81de7d80f952db9cba3f246230.jpg

3.3 million after second scrubber(He got hungry)

20171010200839_1.thumb.jpg.f0d79040a3c43eab7ad62901249d6ba0.jpg

So it removes roughly 500,000 germs

I can see why some of your resources could still have slimelung. It gets worst when 2 dupes try to use the scrubbers; one or maybe both will only use one.Currently testing if they use the left scrubber.

TwoCarry.sav

Wow, that's weird because I've watched them and they walk past with no animation... Huh. Maybe it is the disinfect thing and just when I've watched them they're dropping their stuff to diisinfect and come back. Ok at least they're being used? XD Thanks, sorry for derping up your time with my Derpsteroid haha... Weird. =|

Archived