LAN server using Hamachi

If I understood it correctly you want to connect to a client hosted server that one of you hosts, right? To do this you don't need to either port forward or use a VPN client. DST Servers connect to some Klei servers to manage the user connections and therefore work without open ports as well.

You can just host the server over the client and join either over the server name or join over steam. (At least I think you can join over Steam.)

The big problem is, when i use the normal servers of DST, and me or my friend are the host, it gets really laggy, i cant even pick things from the ground, and i wanted to solve this, without the need of buying a better internet. I never tried Tunggle or evolved, but i heard it is laggy too, so idk (lag is my problem xD )

1 hour ago, Gutricoli said:

The big problem is, when i use the normal servers of DST, and me or my friend are the host, it gets really laggy, i cant even pick things from the ground, and i wanted to solve this, without the need of buying a better internet. I never tried Tunggle or evolved, but i heard it is laggy too, so idk (lag is my problem xD )

It just means the connection between you two is ****, either that or you have really bad computers.

Do other games work well when one of you hosts?

On 14/10/2017 at 1:21 PM, spideswine said:

It just means the connection between you two is ****, either that or you have really bad computers.

Do other games work well when one of you hosts?

I play a lot of games that are a lot heavier than DST, my pc isnt the problem, neither is my friend's. Its the connection, but i play other games with 30 ping, so its no my internet too. 

55 minutes ago, Gutricoli said:

idk, i play LoL and CS, i dont think its the same thing as DST, is it?

Those games have a central server (or sometimes multiple) that you and your friend connect to. So the server is acting as the middleman here.

You----------------------------------------------------------------> Server <----------------------------------------------------------------Friend

With DST you and your friend are directly connecting to each other. So when you remove that middleman...

You--------------------------------------------------------------------->  <---------------------------------------------------------------------Friend

...there's more of a distance that data needs to travel to and from. So physical distance between you and your friend becomes more of an issue in peer-to-peer connections. So I don't think using Hamachi will make much of a difference. But I'm no expert with Hamachi or networking so it's possible it could help a bit, but I doubt it.

Archived