Melting Ice

I came across this just a few minuets ago. I was trying to melt about 6 containers of Ice and snow, with little to no luck. From what I read online, that delay was caused by me trying to "Warm" 20 tons of Ice.

I set the containers to only store 100 Kg of Ice and in less than 5 seconds the storage containers emptied!!!!!

I messed with a bunch of different  max store settings on the storage containers to limit the Dups visits to once per day per container and ended up with 850Kg. 
Anyways I hope this helps others who are trying to harvest ice!!!!

8 minutes ago, DustFireSky said:

Melting polluted Ice is much easier than normal ice. And why the hell melts the polluted ice at -20,6C and the normal ice +1C ? Curios!

To match the freezing points. Polluted water freezes at -19.6C.

Ice is not ice ofc but im pretty sure he is not talking about dry ice also. Salted water is a good example which freezes around -21 C. I gues what you miss is if you freeze it at -21 C you will start melting it at -21 C aswell. water not turning pure when it freezes so no, ice is not ice always, just like water it can contain dissolved material. there is a point they miss tho, as its not pure it wont stay at -21C while melting meaning it wont be all water when its -20 C but it will keep melting until 0C slowly.. its all about purity numbers re correct but the physics re messed up.

4 hours ago, cgtyatsss said:

Ice is not ice ofc but im pretty sure he is not talking about dry ice also. Salted water is a good example which freezes around -21 C. I gues what you miss is if you freeze it at -21 C you will start melting it at -21 C aswell. water not turning pure when it freezes so no, ice is not ice always, just like water it can contain dissolved material. there is a point they miss tho, as its not pure it wont stay at -21C while melting meaning it wont be all water when its -20 C but it will keep melting until 0C slowly.. its all about purity numbers re correct but the physics re messed up.

Salted water freezes at -21C if by salted water you mean water that's saturated with salt; that's 8x saltier than seawater, or about 23% salt by mass.  The real point here is that polluted water shouldn't be modeled as having 23% contaminants, because when you purify it only about .1% contaminants boil out.

1 hour ago, pheonix-ix said:

Can someone tell me what this means??? What ice? What flowers and bees???? I'm really curious >_<

I have no clue, what ice is, but i will explain the "flowers and bees" part for you.
When a picture explains, more then 1000.000000 words.

bees_flowers.jpg

19 hours ago, Oozinator said:

I have no clue, what ice is, but i will explain the "flowers and bees" part for you.
When a picture explains, more then 1000.000000 words.

bees_flowers.jpg

You are slacking off, you could atleast have added a santa claus hat to those flowers!

5 minutes ago, Kermack said:

Devs need to just go ahead and implement an ice melting machine.

Well, the only difference it would make, is that instead of an instant load of water, we could get tap water.

BTW, vovik's idea with ice sculptures is really cool (;)) and simple!

Archived