A way to get rid of Germs

Im really not enjoying Germs, Im finding im using up much more water with them around and that once the polluted water from the hand basins is disposed of its really difficult to get rid of the germs. Whats the best way to remove a lot of germs from large bodies of water?

Wash Basins before at the exit of your bathrooms should be sufficient to keep food poisoning in check if you don't cook with water.  I can't check to see what temperature is required to kill food poisoning in water since my base is clean, but I imagine a liquid tepidizer would do the trick. 

For slime lung, keep slime stored away from your dupes.  I keep mine in storage compactor set to store only slime and bleach stone.  The chlorine from the bleach stone keeps the room germ free.  When digging into a slime biome block the entrance off with a door, place a deodorizer in the polluted oxygen to purify it and limit the exposure to slime lung, and limit how many dupes you're sending into the slime biome at any given time.

I have a tendency to seek out bleach stone, research the hand sanitizer, place these accordingly. I try to minimize polluted water accumulation as much as possible.

As much as I don't enjoy the idea of deleting water - I use the thimble reed in hydroponic tiles (2 -4 plantings) to sink all my effluent from the showers, sinks and lavatories.  I usually put them somewhere in the base that's on the warmer side, and as long as they don't stifle on account of temperature, they grow fine and add to decor. No need for basins huge basins of germy polluted water.

There are so many sources of polluted water now, that purifying it via heat or filtering is a better route as a water source than trying to deal with the germs coming off just a few low volume sources. But really, this just depends on fresh water availability on account of geysers, or pre existing volume.

Archived