Since the outbreak upgrade i see you input new "management" issues on the game, so it's a idea.
of a shuffle a scientist on high level on the beginning i can easily reach everything in 10 15 circles, and i noted the people don't like you make research more slow so i think it's good duplicant just can research about thing they know. for example in no one of then have contact whit hydrogen so the hydrogen power generator can not be research until some of them breathe this gas (this could work for dig things at first time too) i guess that will work considering i find new elements as i explore outside i't better then make scientists useless after a while  

I'm not sure if this would work very well, at least with the current research system. For example, if a dupe has made contact with hydrogen but not natural gas and researches Performance Combustion, will they only unlock the hydrogen generator? If they then discover natural gas, will its generator suddenly be available or will Performance Combustion need to be researched again? Also it could just get frustrating without really making the game more interesting, for example if someone builds a separate room for their electrolyzers that they pump the oxygen and hydrogen out of. They'd have to wait before they can start producing oxygen just because they'd have to wait for the generator to be researched after producing the first bit of hydrogen and I don't think that would make the game more interesting in any way, just more frustrating.

I'm more with augustinoi, the research system ist just boring, no challange and always the same. They could easily remove it and make everything avaiable from the beginning, it wouldn't make any big difference, as you can't build everything at once.

augustinoi's idea is not that bad. Maybe you could collect some materials and gases and deliver it to the station, to research the objects, so you have to explore a bit. Reserach should be for single objects (with queues and still in a kind of research tree), but the single researches should then be faster in return. And the super computer should become something more different, now it is just a kind of expansion of the research station. Maybe the super computer could analyze the materials and explore the possible research objects, so they can get placed in the research tree.

I think there will be a research upgrade some day, to me it seemed always very provisional. They could also make it as an option: disabling research would make everything available from the beginning (for those who don't like it).

yes, its truth that this research should have more options to managements.. may i was thinking on sub-research or a improvement reserch (when you researched, for example:

you researched Hydrogen&gas natural power-> you get normal research -->[Hydrogen+Natural Gas -->unlock -->Hydrogen sub-reserch --> For example: (-40 Kw/h ) • (+2000g gas capacity)  •(-5%hydrogen required) and the same with natural gas...

its other vision to try to improve this game with small contributions.

For me all I would like to see is the machines need different materials, for instance right now all they use is dirt, it would be good is different tiers or even differetn sections used different materials, For instance Dirt for anything starter, Igneous rock for one thing, Wolframite for another, so on so forth, its not anything intense but it leads a player to explore.

Research should always be monotonous, you are learning the same thing over and over just like in school a full class each year is usually taught the same thing and if something new comes into the curriculum it is also added, research is literally the same.

Ok, it's strange enough that research requires dirt and water, and I look forward to dealing with differeing requirements in the future,...

However, I would like to add that putting your non scientists dupes on research ultimately increases their skill leveling speed via the learning attribute.

Archived