What new biomes do you want to see?

On 9/5/2017 at 1:03 PM, gobokin said:

Perhaps prolonged exposure to chlorine should cause a Chemical Burn status?  This would put the purple biome in line with the rest, in my humble opinion.

Unless I missed something in an update there's nothing you can do to filter chlorine gas out of the air so it kind of already has that as a side effect. It takes up where oxygen could be going if it gets into your base.

1 hour ago, PurplePianoist88 said:

Unless I missed something in an update there's nothing you can do to filter chlorine gas out of the air so it kind of already has that as a side effect. It takes up where oxygen could be going if it gets into your base.

You can pump it out of your base and if you are cautious it won't even get a chance to enter it.

16 hours ago, brummbar7 said:

Yes, a pretty unfortunate mechanic.  Makes any further food preservation redundant really.  I think it'd be better for the game if chlorine and natgas were not valid gases (and in fact actually made food spoil faster), and CO2 and hydrogen only reduced the spoilage rate, not totally prevent it.  Cold could still be valid, as it's a lot harder to make a cold pocket in your base than it is to make a CO2 sump.

Some food is chlorine washed in real life because it kills bacteria etc. So Chlorine I think can be used, but considering how its meant to harm dupes further down the line with burns I doubt you would wanna.

Methane is produces from rotting food IRL so bacteria really cause food to rot in this gas.

Unless its a vacuum every gas should really have a modifier of some sort, for instance in CO2 anaerobic bacteria would slowly make the food rot. etc

10 hours ago, PurplePianoist88 said:

Use the Filters? Pretty sure it has a chlorine function? and if t doesnt you can still use them just slighlty backwards, Have one filter pump out Co2, one for Po2, one for O2, and the last gas in your base would be released wherever you put your vent.

3 hours ago, BlueLance said:

Some food is chlorine washed in real life because it kills bacteria etc.

Washed being the operative word.  It's not left sitting in the stuff.  Chlorine attacks everything organic, quite aggressively, whether dead or alive.  Also aggressively corrodes many metals.  It would actually be logical within the game for any metal but gold to take damage in chlorine (or brass/bronze if they were ever a thing).  But that would run a bit counter to the apparent intended progression of hot biome -> slime biome, since gold is found after chlorine in that progression.  It would be a much better used for gold vs the current use of increasing heat resistance, which is the exact opposite of the effect gold would have irl.

14 hours ago, PurplePianoist88 said:

As others have pointed out, gas filters can be set to filter out chlorine.

I'd love to see a beach biome something with a large amount of water (clean or dirty could lead to more shenanigans!). Some sort of squid monster in it to fight and some cool loots that would be difficult to get to due to being under lots of water.

Caustic biome with diamond/crystal for ground, and caustic (I.e. dupe damaging) phosphoric acid as liquid. Pouring water into acid or acid into water - should create immense heat in form of very hot (for lack of other elements) hydrogen and phosphorus gas with the same weight (so very dangerous by itself if not handled correctly). The diamonds can be used to create various equipment such as stone grinder that creates sand out of sandstone, and can possess excellent thermal conduction (like wolframite, but for meniral), be translucent to light and decor (like a mesh tile), while adding a decor buf of itself. So using it for tiles would make the base sensitive to heat eruptions

10 hours ago, Michi01 said:

And perhaps upgraded multi-tools.

I Agree, though tools would require additional mechanics implemented, or be used as clothing (exo suit with diamond cutters - boost strength and digging, damage athletics) to utilize the existing mechanics

Archived