Don't Starve Style Emulation

I tried to attempt mimicking Jeff Agala's (?) illustration style and thoroughly enjoy attempt doing it. Figured I'd share these here, featuring ColossalisCrazy, Redminus, Stamper and a character I made up to attempt at lore-friendly creation, Wallace the Biologist.

Don'tStarveClown.png

dontstarveredminus.png

dontstarvestamper.png

dontstarvewallace.png

Edited by RummyNG
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

@ImDaMisterL Mind moving this to Don't starve art and Lore?

Nice work man! Hope you  keep posting. You got a good handle on the technique.

What's the clown's backstory? Didn't realize that it was the youtuber.

Yep, the youtuber, pretty cool guy. The only backstory I have is for Wallace and it roughly goes like this:

After Maxwell and Charlie get sucked into the book by the shadows and that earthquake occurs, Wallace is sent to the exact area where the magic show had it's collapse. He was sent down to survey the ruin for any abnormal side effects of the wreckage (along with others). As he explores deeper into the collapse he finds a few twitching insectoid legs sticking out from the rocks that were of an alarming size. As he touches them they evaporate in a puff of black, and he hears a strange song. Pressing forward he sees a crack deep into the earth that was naught but pitch black. He called down into it- not even receiving an echo, only the feint, swingy tune. He lights a match and leans down to poke his head in and is seized by the vest to be dragged into the world we know as the DS world.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RummyNG said:

Can any mod confirm if I'm allowed to keep posting artwork in this thread as I produce it or is multi-posting an issue here?

Multi-posting isn't too much of an issue here. Especially if it's an art thread. If it was a problem, then art and meme threads would get locked left and right.

(I'm obviously not a mod, but I've been around long enough to know how things work around here)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Multi-posting isn't too much of an issue here. Especially if it's an art thread. If it was a problem, then art and meme threads would get locked left and right.

(I'm obviously not a mod, but I've been around long enough to know how things work around here)

Fair enough! I shall continue this thread as more doodles come along.

• Thanks 1

Just now, minespatch said:

Who's this character?

By the way, the Slick stream is just for posting art you drew while watching the stream.

Oh, that's entirely my bad I'll do delete those.

And that's a character someone wanted me to draw of their girlfriend (interpreting her as a character).

• Thanks 1

Just now, minespatch said:

What's the story behind Woeka?

The frame is fascinating. Looks like a bat.

No story, this is a streamer! I imagine that if I had to give her something that she'd be a tailor and make clothing items for less material and have sanity gain near teammates but lose it if she's alone

• Like 1