I'm really tired of telling them to sweep...

I would like to be able to set Dups to Auto-Sweep.  Its really annoying that they leave food laying on the ground instead of sticking it in the Refrigerator without me telling them to sweep it.

I hate having to constantly choose sweep and rack over my entire place to get them to sweep as well.

12 minutes ago, Sasuga said:

I would like to be able to set Dups to Auto-Sweep.  Its really annoying that they leave food laying on the ground instead of sticking it in the Refrigerator without me telling them to sweep it.

I hate having to constantly choose sweep and rack over my entire place to get them to sweep as well.

You could set certain storages to have priority over 5 so that they would autosweep the food and put in in there. It works for fridges too! Just set it to priority 6 or something.

4 minutes ago, asveron said:

You could set certain storages to have priority over 5 so that they would autosweep the food and put in in there.

That does not seem to be working...?

I've set my storage and refrigerators to 9, they aren't auto-sweeping.  Nothing else is higher than 7.

You can pick a few with high starting strength and assign them to do nothing but do sweeping, deliveries, or other athletic tasks.

Since they don't train in anything but athletics, they get to the point where they can zip around super fast and keep large areas clean on their own.

7 minutes ago, Sasuga said:

That does not seem to be working...?

Oh right you also need to choose what types of food the fridge holds. Check the foods you want the fridge to hold then increase the priority by clicking on it and there's a 1-10 scale in the UI. That should work? Have you tried priority nine just to test it first? It should work on priority 6 if there's not too much else to do.

1 minute ago, asveron said:

Oh right you also need to choose what types of food the fridge holds. Check the foods you want the fridge to hold then increase the priority by clicking on it and there's a 1-10 scale in the UI. That should work? Have you tried priority nine just to test it first? It should work on priority 6 if there's not too much else to do.

Its set to all.

They're all set to all. Some are set to sweep only.  They're still ignoring stuff on the boxes and refrigerator are not full.

1 minute ago, asveron said:

Hmm is sweep unchecked as an autotask when you check your job roster? Otherwise I have no idea. Bug?

Everyone is set to sweep.  I don't see an "Auto" option for sweep in jobs.  Sweep is checked for all.

6 minutes ago, Sasuga said:

Everyone is set to sweep.  I don't see an "Auto" option for sweep in jobs.  Sweep is checked for all.

Do they just walk around and do nothing if you remove their other jobs? Maybe do what vim razz does and have a single sweeper? My dupes religiously put food away.

1 minute ago, Kasuha said:

"Sweep only" setting means this storage will only get things you manually mark for sweeping. If it is unchecked, the storage will ask for things getting delivered to it automatically at somewhat lower priority.

Oh, Sweep only on the storage? Yes, that's set on all of them right now.

35 minutes ago, Sasuga said:

Oh, Sweep only on the storage? Yes, that's set on all of them right now.

That's why your dupes are not putting food in the storage. You marked that storage as "never put anything in here unless I tell you to"

2 minutes ago, Sevio said:

That's why your dupes are not putting food in the storage. You marked that storage as "never put anything in here unless I tell you to"

That kinda makes sense.  I thought it meant only things you pick up off the floor as opposed to from other containers.

As for the Refrigerators, I was just now going to change them and one is Sweep Only and the other is not, neither full and food keeps rotting unless I tell them to sweep.

3 minutes ago, Sasuga said:

That kinda makes sense.  I thought it meant only things you pick up off the floor as opposed to from other containers.

As for the Refrigerators, I was just now going to change them and one is Sweep Only and the other is not, neither full and food keeps rotting unless I tell them to sweep.

Check if the priority of that non-sweep refrigerator is equal to or higher than other tasks, and doublecheck the allowed list of items in it, is all I've got left to advise. Sometimes the allowed list of items gets messed up in unexpected ways when you make changes to it and close the window.

I built a new Refrigerator and they're auto-sweeping to it.  Even though I already had one on sweep and one not on sweep before.  So, that's sort of working now.  Non-Food is still being left laying around, but I'll fiddle with things now that I know what you guys have shared with me.

Thanks for your help everyone.  I'm going to fiddle with this and see if I can get them working the way I want now.

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

The other thing that can happen perhaps, is if your fridge that's not working how you wanted, was made before you actually had any example of the food you want to put it it.  When you first made the new food the game may have added the food to the fridge's list, but not checked the box.  I'll still show "all" as checked, but some sub-categories will not in fact be checked.   This happens to me with storage lockers all the time, when I find a new material I didn't have access to previously.   On the other hand when you build a new fridge and check the "all" box, it will in fact check every sub-category of food.  That could explain your new fridge working right, but the old one not.

Archived