Airlock malfunction

Our dupes are suffering sopping wet debuff because pools are the only way to secure rooms from gas mixing.

Airlocks (even 5 in a row) don't prevent gasses from passing through.

Oxygen gets into my fridge room, or the CO2 escapes out.

Currently mech airlocks have no reason to be powered.

Could we have powered airlocks truly prevent gas escape?

Thanks

29 minutes ago, Stinktooth said:

RIP the door exploit  D=

This (co2 lock) seems to work.  Although, someone please tell me, is the PO2 in my mushroom farm coming from the slime fertilizer?  If so, just... grrrrrrr...

Most likely it's coming from slime your duplicants are carrying to the room. Planters shouldn't release polluted oxygen if slime is deposited in them (...anymore. They used to and it was a nightmare).

Anymore, I only use *just enough* powered fridges to store enough food for my dupes.  With meal lice being the only food you need, it's not hard, and there's really no need to store thousands of kg of excess food.  I know some people like that though.  If you gotta have it your most maintenance-free way will just be to build a very vertically oriented CO2 pit, so that nothing else can really get down into it.  Have the entrance at the top left - the natural down-and-rightward movement of CO2 will keep it in. 

I've been even more extreme in my game. The starting food box next to the printer is still my main food storage. The only other food storage I have built is a food box next to a med bed. My mealwood farm produces a continuous surplus so just set part of the farm to not-harvesting to avoid too much overproduction. The rest of the farm's production seems to replenish my food stores fast enough that food spoilage isn't a problem at all, it just means extra fertilizer.

Or perhaps I should get rid of my compost and store the polluted dirt in my Puft room to augment slime and algae production...

Archived