How to defeat giant tentacle & Ancient Fuelweaver??? (gunpowder still works)?

As the title says. My questions are:

1. is the gun powder (80 stacks) trick still works on this boss?
2. Since I need to beat the giant tentacle twice. How do I get past the giant tentacle in the cave to reach the boss and to get out from the cave after beating the boss?

I play in Solo mode btw. Please give me your advice. Thx guys.

Hey, welcome to the forums!

1. Klei added a patch a while back where boss monsters would gain resistance to gunpowder after the initial stack. This gunpowder resistance decays over 10 seconds until it completely disappears. This means that to kill the Fuelweaver with gunpowder, you'd have to light 1 stack of 40 gunpowder, wait 10 seconds after it explodes, and then light the other stack of 40 gunpowder. This isn't as easy as it sounds, since the Fuelweaver will most likely spawn woven shadows and hidden hands in those 10 seconds.
Note: The gunpowder resistance takes into effect after the first stack is lit. That means the Fuelweaver will gain the same gunpowder resistance regardless of the stack size, whether it be 1, or 40. If you get a stack of 80+ gunpowder via a stack mod, you can light that for a clean Fuelweaver one-shot.

2. Big Tentacles have 750 health, and will spawn baby tentacles upon being hit. Once you kill the Big Tentacle, it will despawn and leave a pit that acts like a wormhole. Jumping through it will lead you to another Big Tentacle pit. One of the Big Tentacles will lead to the Atrium, and is chosen at random. (The pits do respawn the Big Tentacles periodically, so you'll have to kill them again in the future.)
Note: Sometimes the Atrium generates close enough to telepoof to via a Lazy Explorer.

Since the tentapillar is always wet, and electric attacks do more damage against wet things, electric darts will eat the tentapillar.

The fuelweaver can be solo'd with gunpowder but there's a bit of a wait before you can use it again to damage him. Just need to practice it a bit.

tentipiller has 750 hp  and in order to fight them without any other method is get about 1 -2 hits dodge out of the babies and you can hit the babies when they are vertical  making your way back to the tentacle repeat till dead

Archived