Can I kill deerclops by...?

I defeated the deerclops in a game about a year ago by jumping through a wormhole when I started hearing the moans. If I remember correctly, the deerclops spawned where I came out of the wormhole and therefore didn't destroy my base. However it was a long time ago and I'm not sure if this would work. Do I need a firepit on the other side of the wormhole, or will the deerclops spawn at my base after I go through the wormhole and destroy it?

3 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

You can kill the Deerclops by equipping a good weapon, wearing Log Suit and a Football Hat, placing down a Campfire, and holding your F key.

I know how to kill him, I do a certain amount of hits then run then lure him to attack then attack again. At my base there's a wormhole, if I'm at my base and as soon as I hear it I run to the wormhole and jump through, will it spawn at my base, or on me ( through the wormhole, away from my base)?

The objective should not be to kill Deerclops but to use it to farm wood.   It usually lasts 1-2 days before it is taken down by treeguards, you get 60-120 wood and a dead Deerclops, all you have to do is keep it interested.

As @HamBatter said, Deerclops spawns near you when your character receives its last warning. IIRC, you get two warnings, and once you get your third, he will spawn shortly after. 

If you're not prepared to fight, go ahead and jump through a wormhole as soon as you can, to get further away from base. Then drop a fire (the wood kind, not the rock kind), and wait until he spawns. After he stomps around for a few, jump back through the wormhole and you're good to go. He'll stay around the area he spawned, rather than follow you. 

If you drop a rock-type fire after you jump through the wormhole, you'll be able to keep warm for a bit, but he will likely target it and try to destroy it. Deerclops likes to ruin structures you've built, and the rock-fires count as that. 

One of my favorite early escapes is to jump in a wormhole to the swamp/marsh area. There's plenty of things there to distract him. Instead of jumping back through the wormhole to avoid him, instead, all I need to do is keep warm with fires while running around in circles to get him to target other creatures. My main objective with him is his eye, I could care less about the meat usually. 

Archived