DEV. Please check. Update 219035

25 minutes ago, Auzziekun said:

agree. idk why can't they understand. they keep giving me a work around but my point was that the thing doesn't work properly anymore. and maybe its a worth a look.

And now I have to side with the rest. Putting a transformer in between the hamster wheel and the main powerline is outdated Auzziekun. Just hook up your hamster wheel to the heavy watt circuit with ordinary cabling. There are no negative effects.

17 minutes ago, NanoD said:

But cant u just use normal wires instead of heavy. When I feel like cheating I just use normal wires, were you should use heavy watt. If they hot fix it you basically have to start a new base :p

It doesn't quite work like that NanoD. Heavy watt wire is still a requirement, at least on the main power line.

I just tested your claim:

94A679EE37A4A54F7082A0D992FD55E44EED9587

See my basement? There's a thick, white line there. It's my heavy watt cable, running between my transformers. There's about 3k watt on it, divided by the transformers between 3 seperate systems, each using 1k watt.

Following your notion, I replaced all my heavy watt wire with ordinary wire.

The result is that there's now a maximum of just 1k watt, that is divided between 3 systems using 1 K watt. Result: Rolling blackouts as each system can only get a maximum of 333 watt. The transformers themselves, are also consumers, even though they'll never break the wire if they're fed with too little.

Honestly, guys, I really don't understand why do you make it such a BIG DEAL if it's all about adding ONE BATTERY.

yvMUMZp.jpg

Yes, it's a bug. There's plenty of bugs in this game. Those with simple and cheap workarounds are not the biggest concern at the moment.

46 minutes ago, Merauder said:

It doesn't quite work like that NanoD. Heavy watt wire is still a requirement, at least on the main power line.

I just tested your claim:

94A679EE37A4A54F7082A0D992FD55E44EED9587

See my basement? There's a thick, white line there. It's my heavy watt cable, running between my transformers. There's about 3k watt on it, divided by the transformers between 3 seperate systems, each using 1k watt.

Following your notion, I replaced all my heavy watt wire with ordinary wire.

The result is that there's now a maximum of just 1k watt, that is divided between 3 systems using 1 K watt. Result: Rolling blackouts as each system can only get a maximum of 333 watt. The transformers themselves, are also consumers, even though they'll never break the wire if they're fed with too little.

You provide a screenshot,  but it's not a screenshot of your claimed result, it's a before picture with no after.   I'll attach a picture from one of my bases.  It shows me running over 10kW over normal wire; I'm not having any blackouts or problems, and you can see from the picture that well over 1k of power is going through transformers.  (All 10.6kW  of it is, in fact).  So, you're wrong.  heaviwatt wire is not required, even on the main power line.  I suspect that you could run 50kW over normal wire, with the current system, but I've yet to test breaking the 20kW mark over normal wire.  I made a base with 30kW+ generating power but I still need to make a giant tank and hook up 30 tepidizers or something.

20170606144122_1.jpg

40 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

Honestly, guys, I really don't understand why do you make it such a BIG DEAL if it's all about adding ONE BATTERY.

yvMUMZp.jpg

Yes, it's a bug. There's plenty of bugs in this game. Those with simple and cheap workarounds are not the biggest concern at the moment.

Honestly I don't regard it as a bug, it seems to make sense to me that you would want the manual gens to only trigger when the batteries they're connected to locally actually need charge.

Again, you testers are more in the know than me - I just tinker until my base works :p 

Anyways - here's a video, it's a bit premature as I wasn't planning on doing this today, but I hope it helps.

6 minutes ago, NanoD said:

Lifegrow nice video. Explains the power well :)

Thanks bud, a few stuttered words and a few mis-speakings, but i'm too lazy to re-record it :D It'll probably all change on a future patch i'm sure :p 

Archived