Don't Starve Together server closes out after launch

I've been having this problem for a long time, and it's gotten to the point where I'm considering just getting rid of the damn game all together. Every time I host a server I can never return to that game. Never. I'll click to launch world, and it'll act like it's opening. I'll get the loading screen, and I'll sit there and wait for about twenty minutes before it just quits on me and closes out. No crash menu, nothing, it just closes out. It happens every single time and I've tried everything. I've gotten rid of all my mods, I keep the world gen on default, I limit how many people can join, and it still happens. My computer is up to date on it's software, but that doesn't seem to matter as it's been happening for over 6 months. It doesn't happen with my don't starve game. But I'm really sick of it. Anyone got a solution? Cause otherwise I'm just getting rid of it.

It sounds like a fixable problem, but you don't provide much technical information. Start by checking the log.txt file in your Don't Starve Together settings folder. Even better, upload it here.

To make sure that all mods, and their associated files, get deleted, follow http://dontstarve.gamepedia.com/Mods#Removal :

If you installed a broken mod from Steam Workshop, just unsubscribe it. Also don't forget to tell the author about the crash and a list of all mods you have in the folder.

If it comes from a zip file that you unpacked, go to the mods folder mentioned above, then delete that mod folder, or move it elsewhere. In 99% of cases so far, players should only have to delete their scripts folder.

Finally go to your Steam Library, Right-Click on your game and choose properties. In the tab Local Files, choose verify integrity of game cache. Steam will take care of the whole thing.

Delete the mod folder and then (in Steam), right click on Don't Starve Together → Properties → LOCAL FILES → VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES...

Archived