Has anyone tried using the Bee Queen for defence against Deerclops, Bearger and hound waves?

Just wondering if this a productive strategy. As you can summon the Bee Queen whenever, has anyone tried exploiting this? Just summon her whenever enemies approach, do a little luring and dodging, and let them fight it off.

I guess it's the same as just hanging around the Dragonfly layer. 

Deerclops can actually do a worthy chunk of damage to beelady. His freezing AoE renders most grumble bees useless while still preventing her from spawning more. He still ultimately stands no chance - but he's pretty good at getting her down pretty low if you want to kill her right after.

Bearger could easily get totaled by her as well.

As for hounds, honestly, you're better off with any other usual arena seeing as they take a while to retarget things when they're in pursuit of you and beequeen is naturally going to be aggro'd against you in that scenario. I suppose it would work, yes, but it seems far more dangerous and pointless than just using beefalo, beating them yourself, tooth traps, a couple houndius, etc.

Did that with Deerclops. Both aggroed on me and was kinda hard to make TheOneEyed area-attack Bee without being shredded by both yet in the end managed it - and deer was pretty much K.O.ed. With Bear would presumably be easier with his slam attack. Against hounds? Probably not worth it; the time it takes for them to aggro on Bee you can kill them 2x or 3x just via simple tank-and-smash. But yeah, for added fun you can use QueenBee like that.

I've used Bee Queen to kill Clops a few times, mostly with the hope that I'd then be able to kill her on my own, but mishaps like suddenly freezing because my thermal ran out or a noob friend running right into the middle of it and getting the Queen aggroed on her and ultimately causing her to despawn have scotched that plan. There are much easier ways to dispose of hound waves. Even getting Clops to accidentally attack her is a bit tricky.

You know, I just thought... Can't Bearger hibernate in winter? If you get him to hibernate by the beequeen and you get deerclops down there, you can have both have a beatdown on Bee. The problem of course is burger's yawn when you wake him up after sleeping, but you dont necessarily need to be alive to witness that, seeing  as deerclops naturally will aggro on whatever's closest to him. Even if he aggros on bearger, thats still 2 AoEs and beequeen might get hit by it.

I have no idea if it will work (it probably wont) but this would be epic to watch.

2 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

What if you are solo?

That's hard to say, because I haven't actually achieved it myself. If you feel OK about using the Health Info mod, you could give it a shot and see how much health she has left after she kills him, then proceed accordingly. I'd bring lots of armor in the event you decide to take her on. She doesn't give you much time to heal, which is always tough when you're solo.

Bunnymen also work, but you have to choose between these and Deerclops, because he will wreck anything you build in the vicinity of the hive if you bring him there. I keep thinking this can work, but seems like no one else as succeeded with it?

11 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

That's hard to say, because I haven't actually achieved it myself. If you feel OK about using the Health Info mod, you could give it a shot and see how much health she has left after she kills him, then proceed accordingly. I'd bring lots of armor in the event you decide to take her on. She doesn't give you much time to heal, which is always tough when you're solo.

Does she regen health?

Archived