Wich world options for maximum Content?

Hello,

Me and my Girlfriend are playing DST  and enjoying it very much.

My question is:

Wich options do i have to activate when i create a world at the begin, for getting the maximum content out of the game?

I mean we are currently playing in endless mode(since we die quite often lol, we aint that bad we have bee farm fridges wather thrower and so on).

We didnt activate the caves to begin so we play without them.

-Is it worth starting a new game with caves enabled? I mesn is there much content and interesting stuff we are missing?

-Is there more game content in survival or wilderness compared to endless mode?

Also we saw videos were players made big bases with animals(bunnyman for example) trapped behind walls and doors like an zoo.

-I cant find any options to build doors, do i need a mod for it?

-Also is there a guide how to catch (for example) a goat wich we can keep in the zoo?

2 minutes ago, AndiK said:

Hello,

Me and my Girlfriend are playing DST  and enjoying it very much.

My question is:

Wich options do i have to activate when i create a world at the begin, for getting the maximum content out of the game?

I mean we are currently playing in endless mode(since we die quite often lol, we aint that bad we have bee farm fridges wather thrower and so on).

We didnt activate the caves to begin so we play without them.

-Is it worth starting a new game with caves enabled? I mesn is there much content and interesting stuff we are missing?

-Is there more game content in survival or wilderness compared to endless mode?

Also we saw videos were players made big bases with animals(bunnyman for example) trapped behind walls and doors like an zoo.

-I cant find any options to build doors, do i need a mod for it?

-Also is there a guide how to catch (for example) a goat wich we can keep in the zoo?

1.) Yes, if your PC can handle it, definitely run caves. It's fairly difficult but highly rewarding.

2.) Survival is more akin to classic Don't Starve, besides that, you're not missing much.

3.) I think you're confusing doors with gates and fences.

4.) Just chase the goat into the pen! XD

If you want maximum content then you should add caves as without them you are missing things such as bunnyman farms, ruins stuff, making odd skeletons, fight with toadstool and so on. There are gates and fances in games as a structures that you can build and they act like dors. And for catching volt goats I recommend this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=843_M7tllyY&t=191s

I say that caves are absolute worth it, especially if you plan in long terms, but it's a bit more difficult as the overworld. But some time and you won't have problems with it :) Though I would suggest avoiding ruins until you get a bit comfortable with the caves' darkness and other dangers there.

Good luck! ;)

21 minutes ago, AndiK said:

Whats the difference between "caves" and "caves plus"?

And wich one should we pick for more content?

Caves plus is a preset that set the caves to have

-Failed Survivors: More
-Light Flowers: Less
-Glow Berries: Less
-Berry Bushes: Less
-Spiders: More

so caves plus is just more challenging then normal caves not necessarily having more content 

Archived