Need dummies guide to Atrium and Fuelweaver

I try to learn by trial and error instead of doing a lot of reading as I enjoy the process of discovery but sometimes I make exceptions for the sake of expediency.

After dragging suspicious marble around for days I reconstructed the three set pieces.  Waited for a full moon to see what would happen and they came to life and dropped sketches after they were dispatched.   I rebuilt them at my base and one night I heard a loud thunk sound so I went to investigate, all three pieces were shaking (happened to notice it was a new moon, aha).   The battle was way more than I bargained for but I survived and a shadow atrium was dropped.   I also have the key.

So what now?   I know something of reconstructing a skeleton (how and with what?), a gate somewhere and an atrium (how do you get there?).    This is my last boss to do solo and after reading a little just getting there seems difficult, upside down tentacles, permanent insanity, and hostile creatures everywhere.    

On the ruins you should find the big tentacles and kill them, then you can jump inside the hole just as a wormhole, one of those holes will take you to the atrium biome, there you need to build an skeleton from fossil, you can farm the fossil minning the stalgmites on the cave you need 8 of them, when you do that next to the atrium and place the key the boss will show up.

23 minutes ago, Mencken said:

So what now?   I know something of reconstructing a skeleton (how and with what?), a gate somewhere and an atrium (how do you get there?).    This is my last boss to do solo and after reading a little just getting there seems difficult, upside down tentacles, permanent insanity, and hostile creatures everywhere.

First off you need to collect fossil pieces from the caves. They rarely drop from Stalagmites (cave boulders) and always drop from Spilagmites (spitter/hider dens). You will need 8 of them (they are re-usable).

After getting the fossil pieces you need to look for a specific giant tentacle, which you kill and jump inside the hole that it was in to get to a different place (much like a wormhole). Only one in the caves leads to the Atrium.

When you find the atrium, you'll need to get through all the obelisks, clockworks and spiders. It is recommended to be ready for tons of fighting and bring a bee queen crown and nightmare amulet. Once you reach the room in which the gateway is located, you can "plant" a fossil piece then repair it using more fossil pieces. Once it is assembled correctly inside the circle surrounding the Ancient Gateway, you're ready to start the fight.

The fight is extremely difficult alone. The Ancient Fuelweaver does many attacks you would need other players to effectively negate the effects of. He will spawn "Unseen Hands" which will make him invincible unless they are all killed, and can only be attacked when insane. The Fuelweaver himself will do a "mind control" attack when you're insane which will cause you to get stunned as well. Usually at the same time as spawning the Unseen Hands, he will make Woven Shadows, which walk to him and get eaten by him to restore 400 health each. Both the Woven Shadows and Unseen Hands have extremely low health, dying in 1 hit to any attack that deals damage.
Note that the Fuelweaver has an Area Of Effect attack, which makes most minions useless in the fight. He also destroys any structures near him, his bone cage attack OR ANYTHING THE WOVEN SHADOWS WALK TO FOR SOME REASON.

27 minutes ago, PauloHRQoF said:

Can I ask one thing, if that's ok?

Where the sacred chest spawn, if no console command is used? In the Ruins, or in the Atrium?

It spawns right next to the ancient psuedoscience station in the normal ruins.

1 hour ago, cactusarms said:

It spawns right next to the ancient psuedoscience station in the normal ruins.

Thanks dude!

I'm working my way to do the Metheus puzzle, and don't want to spawn the chest.

Still, have to find a partner.

Archived