Can I play DST alone?

I want to explore all these new awesome things that have been added, but I don't want to and can't rely on people on the other side of the world to play with me when I have time. I would like to play it like the normal Don't Starve, but if I remember correctly, the health of the monsters gets doubled with 2 players, and the servers assume that at least two people will play

Is that true, or am I just being to worried? And if it is true, is there any way to disable it?

Well the hp of monsters don't change with the amount of player (except if i'm really stoopid) , it's just mostly the double of Don't starve normal..

And i play alone too since i don't have any friends and , for the moment i find it pretty okay (almost 400 days).

In DST many monsters and other mobs have twice as much hp as in DS, but they don't change with the number of players on the server. So for example Deerclops has 4000 health if you're alone or if there are 6 players (or even more), so you're right @Angibot.

You cannot disable this, however there are mods which scale down mobs health to the normal DS value, just search for "health" and you'll find more of them. Personally I don't use any because the monsters aren't much harder to kill, usually it just takes a bit more time. The only difference is Dragonfly, and the new ANR bosses, which were designed to be defeated by groups. But Klaus and the Dragonfly are still not that difficult to kill with some practice, I learned it by playing quite a lot in solo ;)

You can also try the Automatic Health Adjust mod to get a basic sense of the new content. It sets all ROG bossses to their ROG hp levels. Later, if you want more of a challenge you can customize the settings a bit or just go back to default.

4 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

You can also try the Automatic Health Adjust mod to get a basic sense of the new content. It sets all ROG bossses to their ROG hp levels. Later, if you want more of a challenge you can customize the settings a bit or just go back to default.

U forgot to mention that the mod adjust the health dynamic on the fact how much players are on the server currently.

Don't worry mate you can play this game alone without problem. You just need to practice against the bosses. I have a 1400+ days world that I built all by myself and I killed (and still killing) every single boss there. You can find some tutorials about soloing bosses on youtube. 

Archived