Magical Mandrake?

burfl

Hey folks, just registered now, so hi! I demo'd the game a week or two ago and didn't really have fun (died really fast), but I recently bought it and am getting pretty addicted. Think I'm on like day 30 something? Thanks to an effigy, that is.Anyway, I observed something bizarre today, and I'm not entirely sure I didn't hallucinate.

I found three mandrakes along a trail on the newest island I'm exploring. Oh lucky day, right? Well, a bunch of spiders killed me, but my trusty meat puppet saved the day. So I hustled back to where I died (needed my stuff badly) to find that the spiders had eaten all of my Beefalo meat, I was starving, and the sun was going down. I was forced to eat a mandrake. I decided to cook it first, since that seemed like the smart thing to do, and it instantly became morning. It was kinda startling and I'm not completely sure I didn't imagine it, but I'm almost certain it wasn't even past dusk yet. After that, I ate the cooked mandrake and it fully restored my hunger, from almost empty.

Very strange, and I'm wondering if anybody can replicate and verify that I don't need to see a doctor, haha. I do have two more, but haven't decided if I'm going to eat them or research them.