Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

GamingBud

What Should You Do?

Recommended Posts

GamingBud    40

Greetings All!

I feel sympathetic for this thread, so I came up with an idea--Not sure if it's going to turn out, but humor me for now--and here it is:

Quote

Explain an event for a specific character, for the user, or for a group of characters; give the next person a number of choices, and then ask: What should he/she/they do? The next person should then explain what happened to that character, transition to another character, and or ask What should he/she/they do? To start this off:

Meep is reminded that it was his turn to charge the batteries when he's cast into pitch black darkness. He was digging a large water hole at the time, so it's a little hard to breath. With that, there's an odd taste on his tongue, like chlorine.

1. Should he use the circle-method to search for the ladder out of the hole?

2. Should he try and light one of the nearby plants he saw last with a spark from the stones he just tripped over?

3. Should he call for help?

What should he do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    27711
2 hours ago, aukingiii said:

1. He should use the circle method to find the ladder out of the hole

(I'm assuming this works like a choose your own adventure RP. Choose, write a bit then finish it with more choices. I might write a reply for this later).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    27711

(I'm not sure what the circle method is but I'm gonna go with 1)

Meep looked around for a way out. Perhaps a ladder? The air was beginning to choke him. He held his breath, despite the pain of his lungs filled with the toxic gas.

He saw part of a ladder but it was too high to reach. Why don't they ever build the entire ladder at once? he thought to himself.

Should he:

1. Call for help.

2. Climb/dig his way out.

3. Try to find enough resources to build a ladder.

(I hope this is right :? )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GamingBud    40
13 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Should he:

1. Call for help.

2. Climb/dig his way out.

3. Try to find enough resources to build a ladder.

(I hope this is right :? )

Correct! I'll reply to provide a sort of foundation of what I mean't. Sorry if I was unclear. (Oh btw, the circle method is essentially crawling around in a circle once, and then circling again but wider, and etc until you find what you're looking for so that you don't get lost.)

 

Meep decided his best bet was to dig, as the ground and walls in his crew's home were mostly earth and likely wouldn't carry his voice very well. The other's were probably on there way to my cot, thinking I'd left the world for a well-timed nap. While I wasn't narcoleptic, I let them assume so. Oh yes, back to surviving. Meep kept digging up 2x1, climbing, and digging again until he heard a most annoying sound. Sand shifting. Suddenly, he was nearly knocked off his feet by a tidal wave bursting through the sand. He managed to hang above the water by gripping stones above him. "Well, know I wont have to transport the water." He thought. He had accidentally run into their smaller water storage area, although he counted it as a blessing as the ladder in this area was entirely built and prepped for his escape.

"Where could that little brat be?" Mi-Ma thought as she recovered from her drought in the shower. She was a little peeved as she had nearly finished cleaning herself when the power blacked out.

Should she: Scream for Meep? Drag his spoiled butt out of naptime? Or be a hero and trounce up to the generator and charge the batteries herself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bfhbuddy    43

3) be a hero and try to charge the batteries herself.

Mi-Ma came to the conclusion that if she found Meep, she would probably beat the snot of him for interrupting her shower. Besides it was too dark to find the lazy dupe. She stepped out of the bathroom and walked down the hall. She *mostly* knew her way to the generator room, it was just a few floors above...or was it below? After a brief moment of thinking Mi-Ma decides to...

1) go up the ladder

2) go down the ladder

3) Shout and try to get someone else to run the generator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    27711

1) Go up.

Mi-Ma went up the ladder thinking do I have to do everything myself?

She passed the sleeping quarters and a few other floors that weren't important at the moment.

She eventually found herself in:

1) The generator room.

2) The wrong room.

(There's not a lot of options I can include here :/ plus I may have gotten this wrong due to a lack of a map but I guess ONI is very flexible in terms of how you interpret the layout).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites