Decoding the ancient language

I was god damn right about the walking cane all along.

Edit: I can't god damn believe all we were really missing was our partner near the chest.

I solved the puzzle with my alt account, and now I have to get a god damn virtualbox running -.-

27 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

I was god damn right about the walking cane all along.

Edit: I can't god damn believe all we were really missing was our partner near the chest.

I solved the puzzle with my alt account, and now I have to get a god damn virtualbox running -.-

The walking cane was obvious considering it's the new skin + staff is in every single puzzle along with thulecite. So we knew we had to make the "Ancient Staff" with thulecite and the walking cane. The numbers were well played by Klei lol, that was a fun one.

2 minutes ago, nomnom victory said:

Wait is this the correct formula for the numbers?

number=1 + top*4*bottom-left-right

Wrong equation.

There is one bumber with [left == 1 && top == 1], and another number with [left == 1]. These two should represent different numbers.

2 minutes ago, __orange said:

Wrong equation.

There is one bumber with [left == 1 && top == 1], and another number with [left == 1]. These two should represent different numbers.

left=1 and top=1 would result in 0..... left=1 would also result in zero

those tiles were the red herrings

3 minutes ago, __orange said:

I think every tile has a meaning.

You're entitled to your own opinion, you would, however, be wrong.

4 of the square tiles have never been used in any solution, these are the red herrings that would be zero or less using that formula,

the remaining 9 tiles are the number of items you need to put into the chest 1-9.

20 minutes ago, seth177 said:

Me and my friend are attempting this now and we seem to be having issues following along with the other people who successfully did it, we are pretty sure we have all the correct positioning and counts of the items but not sure of two specific items. can anyone offer assistance?

You need 4 Thulecite, not 5.

2 minutes ago, Cherryzion said:

original.png 

I believe we did do the second phase??

A few people seem to be having this issue where the runes disappear after they've solved the puzzle. Maybe try rearranging the items in the chest until it works?

28 minutes ago, Cherryzion said:

Did I get something wrong? I put them in the chests, but it spit them out.

What you posted is your original scrambled code, giving you no indication of item quantities, the items themselves, their slot placement in the chest, the solution code you two need is the one you used to complete the puzzle with(Located next to the chest symbol with the 6 lights). Not the original code you started with.

We ran across this same issue and just had to reset and complete part two again, it's an unfortunate bug but it does happen. You can screenshot at 5 lights or right before you make the move that you are 100% sure solves it, that way you can keep the code on your own personal files if the site bugs and removes your solution code.

3 hours ago, nomnom victory said:

these are the red herrings that would be zero or less using that formula

The fact that there are multiple solutions from the given information means it isn't a very good puzzle, but at least it encouraged people to work together to determine the rest based on trial and error and elimination.

I restarted the entire thing and the glyphs didn't disappear at the end again, got the skins :)

I would like to thank everybody who contributed to the completion of the puzzle. I, myself was very dedicated to this, I've kinda been obsessing over it (even dreaming about it), and so it brings me great satisfaction that it has come to an end (or has it?). We did it, people, we did it!

Someone has pointed out that everyone's top row of symbols in the second panel has changed to a single tile repeated six times. Looking into it, different partnership's have different tiles in that row - this could be some sort of tile reset but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Tried it with partner. Did not work. It was probably a symbol reset of some kind.

Archived