How to move servers from Beta to the Main Branch

With beta ending, I'm sure people will start asking about moving their save files to the main branch. So I decided to make a guide for it.

Please note this will remove the save files from the main branch.

1. Go to Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta.

2. Select and copy the folders client_save and Cluster_1-5.

3. Paste them all into DoNotStarveTogether, replacing any existing folders or files.

Klei may have plans for automatic movement of save files from beta to main branch. But for now, this should work.

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

Is this on the server or the client side? I host a couple of solo games, but I'm dreading having to deal with the clunky interface at Citadel, where I rent a dedicated server

This is client side. I don't know how Citadel works, but I can help with a dedicated server itself (although anyone running a dedicated server most likely knows how to do it anyways)

1 hour ago, Electroely said:

This is client side. I don't know how Citadel works, but I can help with a dedicated server itself (although anyone running a dedicated server most likely knows how to do it anyways)

I'm sure they know, but getting them to do it without paying them -- or just getting instructions out of them, is another matter.

I'm finding this impossible to do with the dedicated server I rent from Citadel. No matter what I do, it insists that the server is running ANR beta. There's an "uninstall" button but all that does is cause the server to be invisible when I'm running the beta and visible, but greyed out when I'm running the main branch.

If you're okay with losing any non-beta saves (likely, if you've only been using beta since ANR started) you can also just rename the original folder and take "ANewReignBeta" off the name of the other.

I say rename the original so that, worst case scenario, you can just undo the name change if you change your mind.

Archived