A lot of characters require urgent buffs!

Hello.Yes this is another one of those nice "x hero is weak please buff" posts.But this one tries to make it a little more fun to read at and hopefully will persuade the developers of fixing our favorite characters.

Now what did make me create this thread? Because I just found out the trick of stacking tentacles with wickerbottom making slaughtering super bosses a hell lot easier. As if this hero needed any more power!No more support-only Wickerbottom.The librarian is as deadly as it gets!And here's the tier as I have accumulated over the months of playing and reading these forums:

God tier:

-Wes.Wex doesn't need introduction.He is Self explanatory.(basically the mafia boss of the game). We don't talk about how sadistic and ravenous Wes is.

-Wickerbottom:High sanity,high utility with books,can solo super bosses with hay field of tentacle death,can supply the team with insane amounts of food,has great combo with WX-78 and wolfgang

-Wigfrid: Team armor,nice damage,nice hit points overal a very well balanced warrior,perfect for surviving

-Wolfgang: Perfect for Destroying giants with ease.His only weakness is he requires a lot of food,which is not a very big problem after a few seasons.

-WX 78: Tanky as it gets.Gets exceptionally powerful with gears and lightning (from wickerbottom). At least twice food spoilage time,no downsides to food at all. Works as a lightbulb too!

Introduction-to-the-game tier (aka why are you picking those heroes unless you are a new player? ) :

-Wilson:Ok to survive alone.Beard for easy meat effigies and winter survival.

-Wendy: Same as above.Has ghost to farm spiders and survive hounds easily.Nothing special

-Webber: Good fellow to farm silk early game.Which if you've picked one of the god tier characters was never really a problem.Great for creating a lot of gunpowder with all that monster meat.

Trash-tier (aka I nerfed that hero a little bit too much and don't care)

-Willow : She's very,very bad and noone has come even close to making her viable.There were some really nice and valid attempts to abuse her berny and her insanity during summer,but that's just overcomplicating something the above tier characters do ever so easily and won't have a problem with her sanity later in the game.Which is annoying.

-Maxwell: Why even bother picking Maxwell in the first place?You want Tree guards roaming uncontrollably near your base?You want your minions mining your precious statues?Or perhaps you enjoy wasting nightmare fuel to farm monsters?Say no more! Maxwell can do all that and still manage to die to monsters because he literally takes twice the average damage from monsters (compared to all other heroes).Mawell is so bad,he can't explore the caves without wearing a **** ton of chest armor. What was that?Backpack? You won't be using that friend,unless you want to die in 3 hits from a simple swarm attack.It's not about making mistakes it's about anything that wants to kill you will do so.And so your purpose is to be the puppet of your teamates rather than the puppet master,forever aimlessly gathering resources for your friends,always wondering when you'll leave the base and explore the wonderous and wonderful world of Don't starve Together.

-Woodie: Normally I would've put him in the above tier,but since he got so horrible nerfs I wonder in awe what is the point of picking him in the first place ?When you realise any hero can just lock pigs into a wall pen with food there is no need to pick woodie ever again.Hell,even his epic woodie transformation was nerfed and it's literally counter productive.You DONT want to transform as it doesn't provide any meaningful buffs.Oh and you will miss all those nice moon events because you will transform in all of them.Hurray!

There are some very nice suggestions to turn those trash tier characters into at least introduction tier characters.And I do believe the developers need to put some serious time in buffing those heroes.If anything else fails,revert ALL the nerfs and we'll call it even.

3 hours ago, StarvedKasad said:

-Wes.Wex doesn't need introduction.He is Self explanatory.(basically the mafia boss of the game). We don't talk about how sadistic and ravenous Wes is.

You know a joke is fine but if your being serious iys best not to start you "tier list" with a joke

WX 78: Tanky as it gets.Gets exceptionally powerful with gears and lightning (from wickerbottom). At least twice food spoilage time,no downsides to food at all. Works as a lightbulb too!

Yes only if he gets his hands on gears and they nerfed his overcharge time so he can't spend a long time in that state anymore @CarlZalph did some math and the most reasonable is 5 days if I'm correct?

Maxwell: Why even bother picking Maxwell in the first place?You want Tree guards roaming uncontrollably near your base?You want your minions mining your precious statues?Or perhaps you enjoy wasting nightmare fuel to farm monsters?Say no more! Maxwell can do all that and still manage to die to monsters because he literally takes twice the average damage from monsters (compared to all other heroes).Mawell is so bad,he can't explore the caves without wearing a **** ton of chest armor. What was that?Backpack? You won't be using that friend,unless you want to die in 3 hits from a simple swarm attack.It's not about making mistakes it's about anything that wants to kill you will do so.And so your purpose is to be the puppet of your teamates rather than the puppet master,forever aimlessly gathering resources for your friends,always wondering when you'll leave the base and explore the wonderous and wonderful world of Don't starve Together.

Maxwell is a great support character he just has  trouble fighting alone and that's it

These tiers seem very short-sighted for the most part 

Oh and you will miss all those nice moon events because you will transform in all of them.Hurray!

Woodie if he has a stock pile can stop his transformations on a full moon because of the log meter and he can still mine the statues and be near the glommer statues during a full moon in DST

anything else fails,revert ALL the nerfs and we'll call it even.

You sometimes can't have your cake and eat it too ya know
and if you want this you might as well just play DS and not DST

24 minutes ago, StarvedKasad said:

-Maxwell: Why even bother picking Maxwell in the first place?

Because I like his backstory, his amusing personality and the fact I can pretty much ignore sanity management for the most part.

25 minutes ago, StarvedKasad said:

You want Tree guards roaming uncontrollably near your base?

Uhhhh... what? They're not that hard to deal with. Sure, they're pretty big damage sponges, but it's easy to kite them. I haven't had a treeguard problem since I was new-ish to the game. But what does this have to do with Maxwell specifically?

29 minutes ago, StarvedKasad said:

You want your minions mining your precious statues?

Nope. Those pesky minions are always trying to smash in my stone face or uproot my marble forests. And those mining puppets can also be annoying at times too.

32 minutes ago, StarvedKasad said:

Or perhaps you enjoy wasting nightmare fuel to farm monsters?

Ok, fair enough. This guy is pretty dependent on the stuff. It's not all too bad though considering he's great at farming it.

51 minutes ago, StarvedKasad said:

Say no more! Maxwell can do all that and still manage to die to monsters because he literally takes twice the average damage from monsters (compared to all other heroes).Mawell is so bad,he can't explore the caves without wearing a **** ton of chest armor. What was that?Backpack? You won't be using that friend,unless you want to die in 3 hits from a simple swarm attack.It's not about making mistakes it's about anything that wants to kill you will do so.

His low health always was, and always will be his downside. Increasing his health would be like allowing Wigfrid to eat veggies. You can't just remove a character's con, especially when it's a big part of the character themselves. Once you get used to it, his low health isn't too much of an issue. Because of that Maxwell is better suited for more experienced players. I think he's fine as is for the most part, but I wouldn't complain if he got a buff such as useful duelists, turning workers on and off or increased sanity regen.

(And for the record: Living in the caves and using a backpack almost all the time isn't impossible as Maxwell. I do it all the time. The trick is to not get hit without armor. Something you should be doing with every character anyway.)

2 hours ago, Donke60 said:

nerfed his overcharge time so he can't spend a long time in that state anymore @CarlZalph did some math and the most reasonable is 5 days if I'm correct?

It's about 5.4 average.

Klei put in a random range in the dampen function that has a range from 0 to 1 multiplied by a factor for some odd reason.

always wondering when you'll leave the base and explore the wonderous and wonderful world of Don't starve Together.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=884258928

Woodie has it worst at fullmoons as the log meter drains way too fast and i dont like spending the time going on a chop frenzy while dodging nightmare creatures, treeguards and making sure the log meter is NOT  zero or he starts dieing. Even transforming him back with live logs would turn him back into werebeaver in just few seconds to start the madness over again. No other character goes trough so much trouble like him :/ I rather deal with bunch of hounds than this nonesense. Why wont the game treat his transformation as a temporally buff rather than insane hazard?

10 hours ago, Donke60 said:

You know a joke is fine but if your being serious iys best not to start you "tier list" with a joke

You sometimes can't have your cake and eat it too ya know
and if you want this you might as well just play DS and not DST

I want all the cake I can eat! What's wrong with that? {:<

10 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Because I like his backstory, his amusing personality and the fact I can pretty much ignore sanity management for the most part.

Uhhhh... what? They're not that hard to deal with. Sure, they're pretty big damage sponges, but it's easy to kite them. I haven't had a treeguard problem since I was new-ish to the game. But what does this have to do with Maxwell specifically?

Nope. Those pesky minions are always trying to smash in my stone face or uproot my marble forests. And those mining puppets can also be annoying at times too.

Ok, fair enough. This guy is pretty dependent on the stuff. It's not all too bad though considering he's great at farming it.

His low health always was, and always will be his downside. Increasing his health would be like allowing Wigfrid to eat veggies. You can't just remove a character's con, especially when it's a big part of the character themselves. Once you get used to it, his low health isn't too much of an issue. Because of that Maxwell is better suited for more experienced players. I think he's fine as is for the most part, but I wouldn't complain if he got a buff such as useful duelists, turning workers on and off or increased sanity regen.

(And for the record: Living in the caves and using a backpack almost all the time isn't impossible as Maxwell. I do it all the time. The trick is to not get hit without armor. Something you should be doing with every character anyway.)

I easily made a nightmare fuel farm but then realised because my sanity regen is lower than before,I can no longer just aimlessly pick up dark petals and craft nightmare fuel.12~15 petals and Maxwell is already insane with a few harvest minions.If I had the old sanity back I'd be swarming in nightmare fuel now. And pig poop..I'm not so sure about the later though.

9 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

It's about 5.4 average.

Klei put in a random range in the dampen function that has a range from 0 to 1 multiplied by a factor for some odd reason.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=884258928

Interesting.But what are you showing me with this picture?The fact that you survived in the nightmare cycle with allies? I don't get it *scratches chin*

4 minutes ago, StarvedKasad said:

Interesting.But what are you showing me with this picture?The fact that you survived in the nightmare cycle with allies? I don't get it *scratches chin*

Ah just showing that good ol' Waxxy doesn't need to be stuck being a base tender.

In 8 days I killed the guardian and brought almost all the supplies needed for a self-sustained based (forgot spider eggs) there in the atrium, all solo.

1 hour ago, StarvedKasad said:

I easily made a nightmare fuel farm but then realised because my sanity regen is lower than before,I can no longer just aimlessly pick up dark petals and craft nightmare fuel.12~15 petals and Maxwell is already insane with a few harvest minions.If I had the old sanity back I'd be swarming in nightmare fuel now.

Funny, because if you're farming nightmare fuel then going insane is a good thing. Pick a few flowers, kill a shadow or two, pick a few flowers, kill a shadow or two, pick a few flowers...

And there's always the constant insanity trick Maxwell has. Make 2 duelists and a worker and your max sanity will be below the threshold for insanity. This is how I'm swimming in fuel. That, and my caves camp is just outside the ruins. So I tend to make frequent trips in there. And of course trips into the ruins usually ends up with getting a bit of fuel.

I would really like to see your Maxwell with some video.Doesn't have to be perfect,I'd just like to see how you manage to survive hounds+infinite insanity with the 2 duelists trick,which I know and avoid like the plague because it wastes a lot of time to do,but mostly I find dangerous to execute.

43 minutes ago, StarvedKasad said:

I would really like to see your Maxwell with some video.Doesn't have to be perfect,I'd just like to see how you manage to survive hounds+infinite insanity with the 2 duelists trick,which I know and avoid like the plague because it wastes a lot of time to do,but mostly I find dangerous to execute.

I'm not all that familiar with recording stuff so point me to something free and I suppose I could give it a shot. I just hope it doesn't kill my framerate or cause too much lag. And I hope you're fine with downloading the video off of mediafire because I lack a google account to post it on youtube.

Archived