Ancient Fuelweaver did anyone manage to kill him solo?

If you gather this items the fight would be easy:

1 Lazy Explorer

1 Bee Queen Crown

3 Dark Swords or a Hambat

1 stack of Green Mushrooms

1 Thulecite Armor

2 Football Helmets

1 Nightmare Amulet

And of course food and healing items in case of emergency

@V2C @ScottHansen Two things in order to make Weaver's fight uncheesable:

* Make him immune to gunpowder (or it dealing a lot less damage than it does right now), perhaps the shield could simply pop up to block the gunpowder attacks temporarily even without the hands?

* Make bones surround a player in a way that you can't escape the capture when near edges.

:)

And may be make mobs get trapped by bones if they are in the vicinity as well, unless they do already (e.g. pigs, bunnymen etc.)

3 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

@V2C @ScottHansen Two things in order to make Weaver's fight uncheesable:

* Make him immune to gunpowder (or it dealing a lot less damage than it does right now), perhaps the shield could simply pop up to block the gunpowder attacks temporarily even without the hands?

* Make bones surround a player in a way that you can't escape the capture when near edges.

:)

And may be make mobs get trapped by bones if they are in the vicinity as well, unless they do already (e.g. pigs, bunnymen etc.)

Perhaps things akin to Night Hands could put out the Gunpowder.

Like, a Nightmare Hand variant for the Ruins, that puts out fires in the Atrium, such as Gunpowder.

EDIT: To clarify, standing on these would not cause them to retreat. - They would snuff out fires completely, too.

Woo I think I finally came up with a reliable early game strategy for solo Wolfgang. 80 cooked blue caps(since those are super easy to get in caves) + 40 carrots are enough for even a pretty-bad case scenario. Having a few uncooked blue caps to be able to tank a bit is a nice thing too(though you dont have to tank at all). Orange stave to prevent sitting in roots(you can't dodge them forever, right?), purple amulet to kill the channelers(better wear it only to make a hit or bait boss for mind control use). And some rock lobsters are required(during tests I used 9 little ones, but in real circumstances you are far more likely to get big ones, they have bigger body size too! you dont need necessarily 9 of them, but probably the more - the better(though too many wont let you get any hits on boss, which might be a good thing since you wont loose any sanity and the boss will still spend some health overall)).

General strategy - fight and dodge, as usual. During transitions adds have higher priority then channelers. Boss will be surrounded with rock lobsters(they will hide in fear) and they will effectively block incoming adds. It has good point to let some adds come through this barrier(there are likely to be visible gaps in this lobster-wall) so the boss stays in his "waiting for food" animation for longer. Better let him eat the very last add then kill it(rock lobsters and you will totally overdps this 1 hit on add). I also feel like during this feeding state his cooldowns are paused, or its because of the last add being alive or for whatever else reason, but the more time lobsters have to relax - the better. Once a single add remains - start killing the rest of channelers(if you did kill any before the adds did spawn). When you see roots wear off - just time it right and dodge them by going far enough from boss or to the world border. While you are waiting - its a perfect time to eat those sweet blue caps and carrots! So you wont waste any time! DPS from lobsters allows you to let alot more adds come through then when you are fighting him solo.

Rinse and repeat!

The worst thing you have to do to kill this boss - is wait for day 21 to get the heart. Rockies are very easy to get once you find them, which you totally will do since you tentacle_pillar takes time to find...

Tried fighting him with 5 fully grown rockies - I am pretty sure they dont need me to fight the boss, lol. I ate like 20 cooked blue caps and 10 carrots and the fight was over.

Archived