Thermal Update Guide

Clearly so.  But I don't think they want us to directly manipulate the gas packet.  Handling them thus is superior and more efficient.  The current thermometer does have interesting uses, but I am really hurting for a liquid level sensor as there is no way to turn off anything through liquid level.

31 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

You don't need many.  Can be cooled with wheezewort for "free."  You need to replant them though.

If you use thermo-regulator, you have to cool indirectly through gas mixing of a coolant and steam.  You continuously cool down coolant and return it to the insulated enclosure.  Use a thermometer to shut off the thermo-regulator when temperature of the gasses is below 95C as steam should already be condensing.  Using more thermo-regulator just speeds up the condensing time.

im still dont know how degree from steam to liquid can you show me ? i have 5 row wheezewort

It depends on the liquid.  If it is water, it boils at 97C and turns into steam.  If it is polluted water, it boils at 124.3C and leaves dirt at 100:1 while also turn into steam.

The steam always condenses around 95C.  Wheezewort can suck steam in and blow them out at a lower temperature.  If it is low enough, you will see precipitation falling around.  Interesting thing is when steam condenses, it will decrease gas pressure so that more steam elsewhere will try to fill the "vacuum."  This has a tendency to accelerate steam condensation.

Just pipe hot steam near the wheezewort and they will take care of the rest.  You may want to add a pipe valve to adjust the rate of steam addition.  You don't want to stiffle your wheezewort.

6 hours ago, Eternalguard said:

In fact, I restarted until I got a lot of hatch maps.

3 There was a map that came out with a hatch, so I started with that map.

And if you keep it, you keep eating every 10 seconds without hiding.

Geyser..

가이저.png

map.png

Red line : power swtich

blue line : hot water

orange line : Cooling route

map2.png

i made successes  with 1 dube die . heheh but ... 

26121fd92bf44c59a7b96910468933a3.png

they got broken so easy T_T 

Yes, if steam condenses in the gas pipe, it will break immediately.  Thus piping steam is incredibly hard to do.  All the parts involved need to be at the same or near the same temperature.

Maybe best to relocate the wheezewort near your steam source.

Amusingly, it's a bad idea to patch in liquid storage in the storage locker in an effort to allow sweeping bottled liquids.
Yeah, they just start sucking up lakes and shoving them into the lockers as well.

3 hours ago, sai05 said:

i made successes  with 1 dube die . heheh but ... 

26121fd92bf44c59a7b96910468933a3.png

they got broken so easy T_T 

If you make it with copper, it will be damaged by overheating, so you must make it with "Gold amalgam".

I even made the pipe "Abyssalite".

6 hours ago, Eternalguard said:

If you make it with copper, it will be damaged by overheating, so you must make it with "Gold amalgam".

I even made the pipe "Abyssalite".

Oh . Idk that we can chage base what matrial we made . Because look a same i think it would be no defrent base matrial we use :) cable electrict do the same ? If we use gold amalgam will improve ?

11 hours ago, Risu said:

Amusingly, it's a bad idea to patch in liquid storage in the storage locker in an effort to allow sweeping bottled liquids.
Yeah, they just start sucking up lakes and shoving them into the lockers as well.

Bad idea to also hack on a liquid output. The game really doesn't care about matter states.

20170318062647_1.jpg

1 hour ago, draoncc said:

So let me get this straight: With the 2kg of fertilizer per cycle it's possible to sustain a base on bristleblossoms now?

Yes. If you do not want to convert polluted water into fertilizer then plant 5 Bristle Blossoms per dupe (exact number is 4.05 per dupe so if you can convert just a tiny bit of polluted then you can get away with 4 easy). Let the excess rot. That gives you a never ending fertilizer loop. Since you probably will want to destroy as much water as possible or you risk the entire map being flooded then you need to convert water into polluted water which you can then turn into fertilizer. Reduce amount of Blossoms needed accordingly, or feed the excess fertilizer to the hatch, whatever you feel like is the better option. Sustainability is so ridiculously easy to achieve it's hardly worth even trying at the moment.

7 hours ago, Risu said:

Bad idea to also hack on a liquid output. The game really doesn't care about matter states.

Of course it doesn't.  All things are itemized.  Pipes are single lane roads for item cargos to travel on.  Liquid only has physics when it is a tile in the world.  Same with air.  I don't doubt that both liquid and air are a subclass of some fluid class, where air lacks surface tension and has less density.  There is a special case where liquid or gas in a pipe will change is if their temperature change enough for phase change while in a pipe.  No doubt the same applies for anything that can be itemized.

I think at some point they will allow us to pump liquids into storage tanks, which will save on simulation cycles as liquids in the world must be constantly updated.  As an item in the tank, it requires almost zero simulation cycles.

1 minute ago, Fatmice said:

Of course it doesn't.  All things are itemized.  Pipes are single lane roads for item cargos to travel on.  Liquid only has physics when it is a tile in the world.  Same with air.  I don't doubt that both liquid and air are a subclass of some fluid class, where air lacks surface tension and has less density.  There is a special case where liquid or gas in a pipe will change is if their temperature change enough for phase change while in a pipe.  No doubt the same applies for anything that can be itemized.

I think at some point they will allow us to pump liquids into storage tanks, which will save on simulation cycles as liquids in the world must be constantly updated.  As an item in the tank, it requires almost zero simulation cycles.

They actually have different elements for each state. Just have to check which one it assumes it is.

10 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

More interesting thing to experiment is do liquids in storage tank change temperature and change phase.

20170318145157_1.jpg

Note that I dumped Magma on it originally. That's why it's basically on fire.

You dumped magma on it first or did you pump magma into it first?  The temperature change to the storage locker is due to storing magma or dumping magma?  I see that the itemized liquids do not exchange temperature.  They are in their own compartment, as expected since they are stored as either a dictionary or an array.

If you empty the locker, do the liquids appear as bottles?

1 minute ago, Fatmice said:

You dumped magma on it first or did you pump magma into it first?  I see that the itemized liquids do not exchange temperature.  They are in their own compartment, as expected since they are stored as either a dictionary or an array.

No pumping. They sucked it up and put it in there.

I let them put water in first then dumped magma on it.
No change in temperature so let them put magma in afterwards.
Still no change.

8 minutes ago, Risu said:

No pumping. They sucked it up and put it in there.

I let them put water in first then dumped magma on it.
No change in temperature so let them put magma in afterwards.
Still no change.

Lol what?  The storage locker is a zero-energy pump?

What happens when you unstore the liquids by unchecking their storage rights?  Do the liquids drop as bottles?

2 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

Lol what?  The storage locker is a zero-energy pump?

What happens when you unstore the liquids by unchecking their storage rights?  Do the liquids drop as bottles?

20170318151355_1.jpg

They don't appear to be capable of energy transfer.
Everyone basically died moving the igneous rock out of the room though.

So the dupes heat up while in the area and also while carrying hot items?  Yeah, bottles don't conduct heat.  That much I know.  I just wanted to confirm that itemized liquids do drop as bottles, as they do for other buildings that also store liquids, which then drop liquid bottles when you deconstruct them.  So the storage locker behavior is acceptable.  I'm surprise that it turned into a liquid pump when you dumped magma on it.  I've never seen a storage tank does that as I routinely build them under water to store things that can emit gasses, like polluted dirt and slimes.

Are you sure the sucking in liquids isn't introduced by your modifications?  It appears to me that some code from a pump hitched along when you patched code to add the liquid output to the storage tank.

Archived