Thermal Update Guide

5 minutes ago, Fatmice said:

So the dupes heat up while in the area and also while carrying hot items?  Yeah, bottles don't conduct heat.  That much I know.  I just wanted to confirm that itemized liquids do drop as bottles, as they do for other buildings that also store liquids, which then drop liquid bottles when you deconstruct them.  So the storage locker behavior is acceptable.  I'm surprise that it turned into a liquid pump when you dumped magma on it.  I've never seen a storage tank does that as I routinely build them under water to store things that can emit gasses, like polluted dirt and slimes.

Are you sure the sucking in liquids isn't introduced by your modifications?  It appears to me that some code from a pump hitched along when you patched code to add the liquid output to the storage tank.

They don't function as a pump. I just added liquid handling to them.
Dupes gather liquids with their little tools and deliver the bottles to the storage.

And yes they left a trail of heat death all the way to the other storage.

2 minutes ago, Risu said:

They don't function as a pump. I just added liquid handling to them.
Dupes gather liquids with their little tools and deliver the bottles to the storage.

And yes they left a trail of heat death all the way to the other storage.

Ah okay.  Your poor dupes were sucking liquids because you made the storage tank capable of storing liquids.  You know what I dearly want?  An action for dupes to suck liquid instead of mopping them up and transfer that liquid to another location.

Decided to check what the save file says since it shows every class used by items and the bottles are missing the SimTemperatureTransfer class. Need to find out why they are missing a lot of the classes that solid items have.

And found it. Pretty much everything else in the game passes through EntityTemplates.CreateBasicEntity.
Gases and liquids are initiated by GasSourceManager.CreateChunk and LiquidSourceManager.CreateChunk which creates the items directly.

On 3/17/2017 at 3:41 AM, Eternalguard said:

문.png

"Mechanzed Airlock" now has permission to set.

Yes, I need to use this. I have Dupes running around crazy and this will organize their movement. I wish this function was also for Manual.

Archived