Strength - The most important attribute!?

After doing an almost endless number of "sweep" commands, as well as noticing that dupe's strength stat never increases, it occurred to me that the starting strength of your dupes may be the most important attribute to select. Dupes probably spend more time carrying resources than they do any other activity. Not just when ordered to sweep, but also when doing deliveries to build things as well as feed machines resources. The time spent doing such tasks could easily be cut in half by selecting dupes of high strength. Multiply double (or more) carrying capacity by the number of dupes your base has, and the saved trips back and forth really start to add up. Tomorrow I'm going to start a new game with high strength dupes to check it out.

What's your assessment?

yup.. i always take dupes with higher str if possible. especially if he/she will doing any heavy lifting XD

Before i think athletic is the most useful one since well, you know, it makes your dupe move faster...

but the thing is, you can train them to be more athletic meanwhile as of now you can't train their str.

I hope we will have some training facility in the future to train specific stat (something like fallout shelter)

Personally I think Creativity is the most important as while it can improve, you're going to be wasting a lot of time and materials right up to the point when you have someone able to create a masterpiece.

Athletic the most useless imo. My dupes build it up to 20+ levels rather quickly, outleveling my ability to put up decor. It doesn't even help running wheel energy production in the slightest

Personally, I find Learning to be the most important. But only for early game to get all the research done as quick as possible- about cycle 18-20. Once you get that done, then you focus on the other talents. And with a high learning, you can switch up their jobs easily.

But for the most part, it seems that there's not really a trait that trumps the others. But this is more than likely due to the game's current stage and the needs of each of these abilities have not been fleshed out fully. Athleticism being one of those that will eventually affect the wheels and how much energy they make.

On 25/02/2017 at 8:12 PM, mrbunnyban said:

Personally I think Creativity is the most important as while it can improve, you're going to be wasting a lot of time and materials right up to the point when you have someone able to create a masterpiece.

Athletic the most useless imo. My dupes build it up to 20+ levels rather quickly, outleveling my ability to put up decor. It doesn't even help running wheel energy production in the slightest

athletic is not just for generator but it help them move faster..

the dupes keep running back and forth in the entire game, so being able to move faster is really an important attribute.

if we have a vehicle than it will be a different story.

you only need one people to decore the entire base, but you need a lot of people to do other chores that require running.

On 26/02/2017 at 4:58 AM, Oatmeal said:

Personally, I find Learning to be the most important. But only for early game to get all the research done as quick as possible- about cycle 18-20. Once you get that done, then you focus on the other talents. And with a high learning, you can switch up their jobs easily.

But for the most part, it seems that there's not really a trait that trumps the others. But this is more than likely due to the game's current stage and the needs of each of these abilities have not been fleshed out fully. Athleticism being one of those that will eventually affect the wheels and how much energy they make.

agree...

stat like tinkering & cooking are pretty much not needed as of now.

perhaps in the future when we have more equipment & building that require that stat, its value will raise

On 26/02/2017 at 7:35 AM, noodog said:

*picture*

wow.. i don't know why you post it in here. but cool suit..

I disagree about the importance of the learning stat.  If you assign one dupe whose sole purpose is to research technology, you will quickly tech beyond the needs of your colony and finish everything you need before cycle 23 even if the dupe's learning is 0 when you begin your research.  One algae deoxydizer can carry your colony well past day 50, and the only research that's mandatory to sustain your colony with one algae deoxydizer is farming so you can plant mealwood.

Idk. According to this update on the Steam page, they fixed the deco needs soooo... now learning has become better since it boosts their skill learning more so you can get super dupes quicker now by changing their focus. Then again. I can't say it's better by much. There's really no stat that is a LOT better than the others at the moment as there is no focus on tasks. Any level can do any skill at the moment. Until we get things that can only be done by Dupes with high enough skill, there's no real importance.

5 minutes ago, Oatmeal said:

There's really no stat that is a LOT better than the others at the moment as there is no focus on tasks.

Maybe not universally, but having duplicants all start with high levels in a certain stat has been very beneficial for me.  I prioritize digging over almost every other stat.  Ever since I started one world with a duplicant that began with 13 digging.  Then I set her to be the only one allowed to dig.  She was damn near instant after like 30 cycles of nothing but digging.  It was glorious.

14 hours ago, Zervo said:

wow.. i don't know why you post it in here. but cool suit..

talking about attributes, showing that in the future there might be stat boosting exosuits you can build for your dupes

nrEVqot.png

these are the starter stats i run, two uncultured dupes with 8 learning, both running research stations, they get to 10 by the time its all completed. the other guy builds statues and paintings. any other dupes i pick up have atleast 5+ learning and low decor expectations.

Archived