Creating/Using Translation Files [Updated August 22nd, 2017]

On 07/08/2019 at 3:22 AM, metallichydra said:

i tried uploading a translation for the steam workshop, but whenever i try to open it, the game crashes

I don't know what may be causing this, try checking output_log.txt on Appdata\locallow

Also for some weird reason, when you switch your translation to a random preinstalled translation like Chinese, and then after the game restarts, it loads every mod and translation, solving this issue with mods not updating

Hi, I have a problem showing the Automation Overlay, because instead of appearing in the language I translated it, its description appears in several objects in English, I do not know if it will be an error of the colors but it simply remains in English and does not go to Spanish as I translated.

Greetings I hope you can help me

On 17/8/2019 at 11:09 PM, zerstrick said:

Hi, I have a problem showing the Automation Overlay, because instead of appearing in the language I translated it, its description appears in several objects in English, I do not know if it will be an error of the colors but it simply remains in English and does not go to Spanish as I translated.

Greetings I hope you can help me

I have exactly the same problem.
There are even items that don't even appear to translate :(

Hello, I am having a problem with "Automation Innovation Pack" when translating into Spanish.
There are lines of text that do not appear in the "PO" files for translation.
An example: in the Gas Reservoir the "threshold parameters" cannot be translated (attached screenshot).
Is there a problem with the new version of the game or do I need to use a new updated template?
I appreciate the response.

ONI - Translate.png

14 hours ago, Lechuza said:

I have exactly the same problem.
There are even items that don't even appear to translate :(

Hello, I am having a problem with "Automation Innovation Pack" when translating into Spanish.
There are lines of text that do not appear in the "PO" files for translation.
An example: in the Gas Reservoir the "threshold parameters" cannot be translated (attached screenshot).
Is there a problem with the new version of the game or do I need to use a new updated template?
I appreciate the response.

Q: do I need to use a new updated template?
A: Yes. Some patch/hotfix may affect the string_template.pot file.

How about Persian ?
its RTL  language 
it need font and a css for persian
devs not care about it ?
since we didnt even had a server or support with our shity firewall in iran
iran have big market for game , the problem is devs need to find a way for transactions  or just use steam( people can get steam giftcards with bitcoin after crypto )

Edited by DeXterSon
  • Health 1

Hi, I have a problem POEditor changes lines when saving from this:
msgid "This door has granted Emergency <style=\"KKeyword\">Access Permissions</style>{}------------------{}All Duplicants are permitted to pass through it until <style=\"KKeyword\">Power</style> is restored"
msgstr ""

To this:

msgid ""
"This door has granted Emergency <style=\"KKeyword\">Access "
"Permissions</style>{}------------------{}All Duplicants are permitted to "
"pass through it until <style=\"KKeyword\">Power</style> is restored"
msgstr ""

As you can see now msgid is not in single quotes. This becomes a problem as it fails to read in game after I translate it.

On 4/12/2020 at 10:18 PM, DeXterSon said:

How about Persian ?
its RTL  language 
it need font and a css for persian
devs not care about it ?
since we didnt even had a server or support with our shity firewall in iran
iran have big market for game , the problem is devs need to find a way for transactions  or just use steam( people can get steam giftcards with bitcoin after crypto )

RTL is (sadly) often ignored when designing websites, I had a quick look for web resources and found this (posting here for my own reference):

https://css-tricks.com/almanac/properties/d/direction/

I'm curious if anyone has investigated RTL languages in video games (the UI is likely "tied" to reading left-to-right, so I would expect some pretty significant changes to be required)...

Hi,

I started a translation, and I can't figure out where to put the translated .po file so that it appears in the game. I kept it in the StreamingAssets\strings folder (along with hte automatically created .mo file), but it doesn't appear anywhere when I start the game. Should I put it somewhere else or do any additional actions?

On 1/26/2021 at 6:18 PM, vxc601 said:

Hi,

I started a translation, and I can't figure out where to put the translated .po file so that it appears in the game. I kept it in the StreamingAssets\strings folder (along with hte automatically created .mo file), but it doesn't appear anywhere when I start the game. Should I put it somewhere else or do any additional actions?

I second this. Placing a translation in the \strings folder, doesn't work for me either.

hi guys! How do I update my mod with the new strings after a patch?
I see that in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\strings
there is a file merge_translated_untranslated.bat
maybe that is the bat I need to use to merge my old file with the new file, right? But I really don't know how to do it.
Do I drag my strings.po inside this folder?  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\strings
and then what?
Do I simply drag my file strings.po above the icon of merge_translated_untranslated.bat? I really don't know what to do. Try to explain me as you would explain a child how to hold a spoon.

On 3/20/2021 at 6:00 AM, kennyshamrock said:

I second this. Placing a translation in the \strings folder, doesn't work for me either.

I put my translation mod at local folder.

It's easy to test and no need to upload to Workshop.

And work fine for me.

Example:

Create mod folder at:

C:\Users\<YourUserName>\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\mods\Local\<YourTranslationModFolder>

Put string.po, preview.png, mod_info.yaml inside.

Then restart game, it will show on translation panel.

Edited by T.H.C