A Mammoth and a Moth put together. A portmanteau rivaling the mighty Dragonfly.

Since Charlie has been into enlarging normally small critters (Bee Queen, Toadstool, and now the Antlion) a Mammoth would be the perfect addition to the menagerie that Charlie has been creating.

Also moths are really cute.

CSIRO_ScienceImage_10746_An_adult_silkwo

EDIT - moths go into chrysalis and mammoths are always depicted as frozen so a frozen chrysalis? a chrystalis?? i dunno bad pun

On 1/28/2017 at 9:00 AM, Destros09 said:

I'd like to see it fly off ocasanally with no regen (kind of like how the quaken submerges)

You know... It would be cool for one boss that you could hang on to as it flies upward and you can get a good look at the island with that tactic but maybe that's op-ing?

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

You know... It would be cool for one boss that you could hang on to as it flies upward and you can get a good look at the island with that tactic but maybe that's op-ing?

That actually would make boss rush more reliable(since it takes 10+ days to find desert sometimes). Game also supports Y coordinate so I think it would be a neat idea. Idea for the way of summoning: spawn some structure near the portal on worldgen that acts like a campfire, that would always have embers in it(protecting newbs from freezing at winter, especially in highly populated worlds with no friendly people) and donating huge amount of fuel will make light big enough to attract mammoth from the sky at dusk(I can imagine big badass shadow slowly moving towards such a thing) or night. While it dumbly watching the campfire you can climb it. However I have no ideas what such entity could also land for so you can jump off. Perhaps grassland with bee queen? It smells a'right there because of all this flowers... :>

1 minute ago, Diaboliko said:

That actually would make boss rush more reliable(since it takes 10+ days to find desert sometimes). Game also supports Y coordinate so I think it would be a neat idea. Idea for the way of summoning: spawn some structure near the portal on worldgen that acts like a campfire, that would always have embers in it(protecting newbs from freezing at winter, especially in highly populated worlds with no friendly people) and donating huge amount of fuel will make light big enough to attract mammoth from the sky at dusk(I can imagine big badass shadow slowly moving towards such a thing) or night. While it dumbly watching the campfire you can climb it. However I have no ideas what such entity could also land for so you can jump off. Perhaps grassland with bee queen? It smells a'right there because of all this flowers... :>

If the Mam-moth was actually a thing, I was just suggesting that this boss would be the only one to allow it since the dragonfly seems a bit too small winged for such a maneuver.

Archived