help with skins.

I understand that skins current state is DO NOT MOD OVER, but my characters new model has some...issues with some skins...

do we have a way to adjust the existing skins so they can display correctly or fix such issues or are all skins off limits? tzpDO.jpg

custom animation also exhibits issues

tzpQM.jpg

3 minutes ago, makar5000 said:

I'm afraid not. Klei said, that skins will be compatible only with wilson-like characters...

hmm, well that's fine! does anyone know a way to block character skinning (essentially disabling the function?) I just want to put out this character without any bugs :p

23 hours ago, Renamon said:

tzpQM.jpg

It looks like that, because you probably changed hand's pivot in the animation, and the proper one, that the skin uses, is in a different place.

23 hours ago, Renamon said:

I understand that skins current state is DO NOT MOD OVER, but my characters new model has some...issues with some skins...

do we have a way to adjust the existing skins so they can display correctly or fix such issues or are all skins off limits? tzpDO.jpg

And this here is because your character's symbols just don't fit the standard dimensions that regular characters use.

The best you can do is to make the skins not appear on the character.

Or you could make a slightly different character build that would switch when you're equipping/unequipping a skin.

Or you could redraw every skin and switch them just after the skin was equipped... Nah, I'm kidding, lol.

17 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

It looks like that, because you probably changed hand's pivot in the animation, and the proper one, that the skin uses, is in a different place.

And this here is because your character's symbols just don't fit the standard dimensions that regular characters use.

The best you can do is to make the skins not appear on the character.

Or you could make a slightly different character build that would switch when you're equipping/unequipping a skin.

Or you could redraw every skin and switch them just after the skin was equipped... Nah, I'm kidding, lol.

*IF* klei would let me redraw every skin and swap when equipped I would- work is not really my weak side; I'm basically redoing all the games animations anyways.

the piviots are not the same at all; even the build and names for the builds are different which makes me laugh that its still appearing!

as for not allowing skins, I've been looking for the code to do such to add it to the character.

Edited by Renamon