Do fences cause lag like walls do?

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if Fences act like walls in the same way that too many of them can cause lag? They seem to have health just like walls (mind you it's only 1hp) but I'm still curious.

Thank you.

On 1/2/2017 at 4:19 PM, mochilo said:

I'd say fences have more details than stone walls.

Details if anything, affect your client's FPS. Not Lag

1 hour ago, nome said:

The lag isn't from the quality of the picture but rather the behaviour of the entity in the world.

The more behavior and or scripts running is what causes lag. If my coding knowledge is correct.

14 minutes ago, MrFurphie said:

Details if anything, affect your client's FPS. Not Lag

He said he lags when he has too many walls. I'm not an expert, but it sounded to me like fps drops on a computer that can't hold so many textures.

• Developer
57 minutes ago, Luis95R said:

I guess my next question is does anything having health affect server performance? For example a lot of spiders can cause the server to go from 3 to 2 bars or even 1 bar.

Not just things with health. Any entity in the world costs server performance, and the more of them there are or the more complex their behaviour the worse that problem will be. Things with health tend to be more complex than things without though.

6 hours ago, nome said:

Not just things with health. Any entity in the world costs server performance, and the more of them there are or the more complex their behaviour the worse that problem will be. Things with health tend to be more complex than things without though.

Have anything in mind for the future to have better performance for people who have big worlds with lots of entities ?

Best Regards & Happy New Year,

Glermz

Archived