Dont Starve Discord

If you dont know what discord is, its a free, online chat room, you can use voice, or text, so its great!

here, we can discuss game balance,  suggestions for the game, at a much faster rate! we can also share game stories and have a good time!

https://discord.gg/cre4ZtS 

^

make a account to join the fun (its free)

I would LOVE this to be sticked. 

• Developer

Remember to tell people that if they have any bugs to report they should report it here in the forum's bug tracker, and that Klei devs aren't actually in that Discord room so any ideas, feedback and suggestions should be posted in the forums if they want the devs to see it (unless some devs join the Discord chat, then that'll be no problem :) )

1 minute ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I like how you say it's official but this isn't something Klei made xP

Remember to tell people that if they have any bugs to report they should report it here in the forum's bug tracker, and that Klei devs aren't actually in that Discord room so any ideas, feedback and suggestions should be posted in the forums if they want the devs to see it (unless some devs join the Discord chat, then that'll be no problem :) )

the main idea of it is to make discussion among people easier =) im not trying to stop people from posting stuff here.

i called it offcial because its the only one I am aware of that exists?

• Developer
4 minutes ago, cmitc1 said:

the main idea of it is to make discussion among people easier =) im not trying to stop people from posting stuff here.

Oh, I know that, sorry if I didn't word it properly, I just wanted to remind you to warn people that just saying things in the Discord server won't actually get the devs to know about it.

5 minutes ago, cmitc1 said:

i called it offcial because its the only one I am aware of that exists?

Then it's simply the first. It would be official if Klei made it, but I see now that you removed the official, thanks for that :)

4 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

It's not the first, I can assure you. Plenty of Steam Don't Starve groups have a discord. 

Anyhow, it doesn't seem handy at all to me to do the exact same things there as we could all do here. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  communicating through discord is much more efficient, so coming to conclusions, and debating things such as balance will be much easier.

Just now, cmitc1 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯  communicating through discord is much more efficient, so coming to conclusions, and debating things such as balance will be much easier.

Because when you are debating something doing with don't starve or giving suggestions, you want it to NOT be seen by developers? Doesn't make sense to me. 

4 minutes ago, Kittydub said:

Because when you are debating something doing with don't starve or giving suggestions, you want it to NOT be seen by developers? Doesn't make sense to me. 

the developers can see this  tho, and just because we debate things there, it does not mean we will stop suggesting things here ._.

3 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

There's A LOT of don't starve related discords. Hell, even a klei related one or two.

Aaand they ensure that there's no mistaking them not being run/approved by Klei.

I am still waiting for more information on the moderation of that channel.

Archived