A couple potential improvements to Wilson that don't require much in the way of art assets:

1.) His beard is ridiculously large by anyone's standards, becoming almost as big as his entire body--so why not let him gain some minor storage space with the later stages of his beard growth that are just always available?

2.) Meat Effigies are more or less his thing, even though they are available to everyone else.  They look like Wilson, and he has the tools to create them without having to go insane or into the ruins.  I think it would be an interesting change if Wilson exclusively would be able to retain his items if he dies and revives through a Meat Effigy.  Be it just the items held in his equipment slots or perhaps the whole shebang.

----------

Edit: Also, I forgot an important component of beard storage and just general quality of life:  Trimming.  Wilson (and I guess Webber too, but I don't think the beard storage should apply to him) should be able to trim his beard down stage by stage instead of just slicing the whole thing off and starting over again.  This allows you to harvest beard hair at the pace you want while also not forcing you to make the ultimate compromise if you want to build an effigy using your own beard hair during the winter.  Tertiary reason:  Some people like keeping their beards a certain way

This seems like an interesting way to make Wilson competitive as a character choice.  I assume the beard storage would be lost if he shaves it?  Seems like an interesting way to create decisions that need to be made.

Also enjoy the Meat Effigy idea as it fits the character and offers incentives of Wilson as a new player character as well.

Using Wilson's beard as storage is a very interesting and innovative idea, I like it.

It would also be hilarious if other characters could access Wilson's storage beard, and with their own dialogue upon use. Just a funny thought.

About the Meat Effigy, I think it would be better to allow the equipment retention ability for all characters. However, the Meat Effigy's crafting recipe should be exclusive to Wilson. This is to give more of an incentive to play as him and to balance out the ability.

Just now, JohnWatson said:

Using Wilson's beard as storage is a very interesting and innovative idea, I like it.

It would also be hilarious if other characters could access Wilson's storage beard, and with their own dialogue upon use. Just a funny thought.

About the Meat Effigy, I think it would be better to allow the equipment retention ability for all characters. However, the Meat Effigy's crafting recipe should be exclusive to Wilson. This is to give more of an incentive to play as him and to balance out the ability.

Other characters fidgeting with his beard... It's devilish.

Hence I love it.

His beard is fine, but it would be great if it would be different depending on the head skin, I mean a different beard style for GoH, survivor and triumphant, for the meat effigy, the original recipe should was better, maybe it was more expensive but common, I mean, "meat" effigy, 

1 hour ago, Rily said:

His beard is fine, but it would be great if it would be different depending on the head skin, I mean a different beard style for GoH, survivor and triumphant, for the meat effigy, the original recipe should was better, maybe it was more expensive but common, I mean, "meat" effigy, 

I take the left one and run for my life.

3617-1-1351983889.jpg

13 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

I don't think the Meat Effigy's recipe should be exclusive to Wilson. After all, I always get stacks of beard hair in my ruins base and I just use it for Effigies.

Point is, it would be unfair to take such an item and only give it to one person.

14 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

I am not sure on people accessing Wilson's beard storage.  I think it would be entertaining, but I think at the same time we'd need to also make other character storage accessible the same way (i.e. backpacks).

As for the Meat Effigy, I completely disagree with equipment retention for all characters.  I think the incentive to play would already be covered by Wilson retaining items, and your suggestion actually makes it stronger than it already would be.  So, no...don't agree here.

Archived