how u mine for silk?

Best way I've found is to take a trap, go during the day and place the trap on the webbing, and step on it to attract the spiders. The spiders will walk by to check. If you run away a bit, they will not chase you and one of them will be caught in the trap. When you check the trap, it counts the spider as killed, and you get one of its drops, possibly silk. Repeat this process until the nest is empty and leave. Come back the next day and repeat the process. Also, when the spider nest is tier 3, trap the spiders until it is empty. Then destroy the nest to get a lot of silk and prevent the nest from becoming a spider queen. The nest will also drop spider eggs, which can be used to plant a new spider nest in a more convenient location. This way, you can keep up an easy farm.

Silk farming is easy with a few traps early on. Place the traps at the edge of the webbing, step on the webbing, run behind your traps and kill whatever spider gets through. Reset traps, rinse and repeat. Use more traps, in rows for larger nests. If a spider queen spawns run. :) Come back with pigs to kill the queen.

Honestly, the best way I've found is to suit up with your amour, get a spear or tentacle spike, and get a few pigs. Let the pigs attack before you do anything and clean up the remaining spiders. You should get a good bit of silk from that alone, but you can take out the nest and will get a good lot as well. You can use the monster meat you get from killing the spiders and recruit more pigs to farm more silk. :encouragement:

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, the best way I've found is to suit up with your amour, get a spear or tentacle spike, and get a few pigs. Let the pigs attack before you do anything and clean up the remaining spiders. You should get a good bit of silk from that alone, but you can take out the nest and will get a good lot as well. You can use the monster meat you get from killing the spiders and recruit more pigs to farm more silk. :encouragement: