How to transfer the characters to another world?

Is anyone know how to make analog of "Maxwell's Door" in DST? I mean, how to transfer characters data to another world with inventory saving?

I was looking in "\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\Cluster_1\Master\save\session" and tried to transfer it to another session, but this method doesn't work.
I also tried this

aaaaand, of course it makes me know something new, but not work recently.
Maybe anyone here knows?

There is a mod called starting items which allows you to start with whatever crafting knowledge and starting items you want, I guess you could be fair to whatever you had in a previous game and start with them.
They also made a mod that makes the teleportato actually work in DST (not sure if it works with current updates or the beta though). You could try any of those.

7 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

They also made a mod that makes the teleportato actually work in DST

This mod requires create a new world. But our progress is over 300 days already and we thought transfer the characters because new updates didn't appear in our old game.

7 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

You could try any of those

But there is no way to import old characters to new server without mods?

Okay some days ago. After 10 more attempts I did it!

On 15.11.2016 at 3:33 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

a mod that makes the teleportato actually work in DST

This mod looks like something that doesn't work in realms that already generated. Maybe in ANR Klei will add better feature? DO WANT!

On 15.11.2016 at 8:08 PM, Arlesienne said:

@dahl, you could just list the recipes you prototyped and the inventory, then spawn it in through the console. That's the closest to Adventure Mode style of changing worlds.

Thank you for idea, but this way is too cheaty for me.
Here's the way i doing it in 10 simple steps while any ingame way doesn't exist:

1. Go to C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\Cluster_x\%Realm%\save\session\%session_name%\. Here is folders of all your friends were on server sometime.
  2. Open the game and create a new world with any settings, but choose exactly the same character. I don't know why you need make the same character but caution can't hurt.
  3. Close the game.
  4. Open a new cluster folder \Cluster_y\%Realm%\save\session\%session_name%\ and copy your folders here.
  5. See the name of last modifed (see time) file in this folder — it must be  somehow "0000000003" or like that. It's the current world save. Now, open your folder and rename latest file (it's your character save now) just like file above and delete all other files here.
  6. Do all this magic with all your and your friends saves in all %Realms%.
  7. Open the game. Launch new world.
  8. Your character exactly the same, with all your items and knowledges. But somewhere in backside of the world.
  9. ????
  10. PROFIT!

I'll make some screenshots later, maybe.
I believe that Klei would make something better and interesting in game for the world renovation. We can't just drop our games because of upcoming updates, right?

38 minutes ago, dahl said:

Okay some days ago. After 10 more attempts I did it!

This mod looks like something that doesn't work in realms that already generated. Maybe in ANR Klei will add better feature? DO WANT!

Thank you for idea, but this way is too cheaty for me.
Here's the way i doing it in 10 simple steps while any ingame way doesn't exist:

1. Go to C:\Users\%Username%\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta\Cluster_x\%Realm%\save\session\%session_name%\. Here is folders of all your friends were on server sometime.
  2. Open the game and create a new world with any settings, but choose exactly the same character. I don't know why you need make the same character but caution can't hurt.
  3. Close the game.
  4. Open a new cluster folder \Cluster_y\%Realm%\save\session\%session_name%\ and copy your folders here.
  5. See the name of last modifed (see time) file in this folder — it must be  somehow "0000000003" or like that. It's the current world save. Now, open your folder and rename latest file (it's your character save now) just like file above and delete all other files here.
  6. Do all this magic with all your and your friends saves in all %Realms%.
  7. Open the game. Launch new world.
  8. Your character exactly the same, with all your items and knowledges. But somewhere in backside of the world.
  9. ????
  10. PROFIT!

I'll make some screenshots later, maybe.
I believe that Klei would make something better and interesting in game for the world renovation. We can't just drop our games because of upcoming updates, right?

That's very interesting! I don't quite get you calling the traditional method cheaty, but with your discovery, although more complex, may change the procedure, who knows.

Archived