Lack of gift boxes

Am I the only one who thinks the drop rates of giftboxes on the PS4 is brutal?  I played DST on steam for countless hours and I remember getting tons of giftboxes, like more than one per hour played.  Most of my time was during the beta testing and I haven't played it much since beta finished.  Has this been changed in the final release on DST on steam?  Or is this a PS4 issue?  I understand that there is a 4 per week cap which resets every Thursday.  There should be a little more initiative for spending every spare hour on this game.  

I posted about this back when querying the "Shifty, but Thrifty" trophy & even asked if they'd review the drop rates for the PS4, since we're not on Steam where skins can be traded or sold on the market... The answer came back as a "no" to review drop rate for us.

Maybe we'd need to start a petition somewhere? I mean Klei seem to be the kind of developers who listen to what their loyal fan base want, so maybe if enough of us want, they'll listen... Unless they have another plan for down the line, which I fear mentioning micro transactions O.o

Im getting very fed up with the gifts.the last 6 weeks, 4 gifts a week, i get nothing but commons and 1 driving glove.i get my friend to buy the game, he logs on last night and gets a survivor skin as his 2nd ever drop.

why do you hate me so much Klei?

I haven't played the game for a couple of weeks, but I signed on my ongoing world for about 2-3 hours with no presents received. I tried my best to grab some Halloween skins during the event as well, but I just got commons in all 4 drops...

Dear Klei: until trading is implemented, could the console players have a higher present drop rate? That way, when trading does come in, many of us will have stuff to trade with one another. Currently, I'm only getting commons & distinguished stuff. Makes me sad.

May thanks,

A loyal fan

13 hours ago, AniMike said:

I know the pain especially since I have to recollect all the good skins I got from the steam version, also, sup @DVS_Zev, I remember I made a base with you and it got burnt down by hounds on winter. ah good times....

Ha.yeah that really sucked.Too bad, you guys did an awesome job making it (i just shoe horned my way in later) it was in a neat little spot.

I know it's been confirmed that the drops happen 4 times a week and I guess rolls over on Thursday, but I was wondering if it is affected by mods, console, or anything of the such. Basically, would one take longer or not receive drops on a server where the console is being used regularly or mods are active opposed to just a default game?

I play with my wife, and we like to do so casually but we also like to play default so it just kind of made us curious if there was a difference as far as the drops go for the skins.

16 hours ago, xectorrengard said:

I know it's been confirmed that the drops happen 4 times a week and I guess rolls over on Thursday, but I was wondering if it is affected by mods, console, or anything of the such. Basically, would one take longer or not receive drops on a server where the console is being used regularly or mods are active opposed to just a default game?

I play with my wife, and we like to do so casually but we also like to play default so it just kind of made us curious if there was a difference as far as the drops go for the skins.

When you refer to "mods", are you talking about the world gen custom modifications like longer/shorter days/seasons, less or no mobs/bosses etc.? I can confirm that I have still received skins with a world having custom settings as well as the PS4 trophies. The server you create must just always be online in order to receive the skins... Nothing for offline players as far as I know.

1 hour ago, bestnick8 said:

When you refer to "mods", are you talking about the world gen custom modifications like longer/shorter days/seasons, less or no mobs/bosses etc.? I can confirm that I have still received skins with a world having custom settings as well as the PS4 trophies. The server you create must just always be online in order to receive the skins... Nothing for offline players as far as I know.

I mean like Steam Workshop Mods, such as extra inventory space, equip slots, etc. I'm not worried about it really, just curious. We have a game where everything is casual and easy, and we run other ones without mods. I hadn't added any mods on when I got my limit in drops for skins, so I haven't had a chance to see if there is a difference personally. Honestly, just thought it'd be kind of interesting if you had to do an unmodded game for skins, then again I also think it'd be cool if there were skins you could only get by doing certain things or reaching certain goals. Like a skin for beating every giant in a single run, or one for completely exploring above ground and cave maps, or crafting the prototype of every possible item in game, so on so forth. I like achievements/trophies, but I like the skins too. 

It's still good to know I can at least have some custom settings and get the drops though. My wife really doesn't like long summers or wildfires. Thanks for the info.

@xectorrengard... Just a heads up on your post, this is a PS4 related DST thread & there is no mods like on Steam. The info I gave you was relative to world gen settings & still getting skins if these are changed. As for using Steam/PC Mods, I don't use any mods when I occasionally play my PC version, so can't advise if there is any difference. From YouTube vids I watch where mods are used, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary,

Im surprised this is an actual issue. I thought the exact same thing. Like im literally playing for minimum 3 hours for my first gift of the week. And the second one comes way slower. Since its christmas holidays i actually play a lot too like 10-15 hours a week or so, and i get 2-3 presents that week. 

Archived