Lua Error

I've been having problems with mods. Basically, they worked perfectly before. But one day, which was yestarday, I kept getting this error, I disabled all of the mods, it worked perfectly. Then, I thought it was fixed, and picked a random mod to use, to see if it's fixed, Nope. It isn't. I redownloaded the game, I resubscribed the mods, nothing works. I'm not a good programmer myself, so I'm not touching any files. ALL THESE MODS WORKED BEFORE. But now I get this error. I looked on the internet to see if I can fix it somehow, but none of those are helpful. So I don't want some "You should get rid of that mod." They ALL work.

This happened on my OWN server, I'm the only one in it.

Anyway, I'll appreciate anyone who would help me fix this.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Marthaina

Hello @Marthaina, welcome to the forums. Have you atleast attempted to verify the integrity of the game cache? If that doesn't also work, based on the screenshot you provided it seems the mod Ratchet DST is what's acting up. What I'd like to recommend if for you to redownload the mod. To do so, follow instructions below:

• First, make sure DST is closed then unsubscribe from the Ratchet DST mod (which I'm sure you already know how).
  • Then with Steam open, right click DST.
  • Click Properties.
  • Under Local Files tab, select Browse Local Files.
  • A new window will open with this location (Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta), now open the mods folder.
  • Inside you'll see all the workshop-### mods, look for workshop-474747576 and delete it.
  • Now go back to the workshop page and resubscribe to the Ratchet DST mod.
  • Start up DST again and try and run a new server with the same mods active including Ratchet DST.

Hopefully it works, if not report it to the mod creator and see if they can help you figure out what's wrong.

@Zillvr Indeed. I tried everything you stated, and did it twice, it doesn't seem to be working. It still shows me the same error. The first time I tried it, it sent me to the character selection and I was able to choose a character, after I chose one, Don't Starve Together crashed on me. The second time, I tried loading it without the Ratchet mod, it sent me an error. (This is all on a new server.)

Looks like I'll have to indeed contact the Mod Creator. Is there anyone else that could help me with this?

2 hours ago, Marthaina said:

@Zillvr Indeed. I tried everything you stated, and did it twice, it doesn't seem to be working. It still shows me the same error. The first time I tried it, it sent me to the character selection and I was able to choose a character, after I chose one, Don't Starve Together crashed on me. The second time, I tried loading it without the Ratchet mod, it sent me an error. (This is all on a new server.)

Looks like I'll have to indeed contact the Mod Creator. Is there anyone else that could help me with this?

That mod hasn't been updated for a year, it's obvious it would have problems with the new stuff Klei is adding.

Ah interesting, that is the same error we had here... don't know how exactly it looked before.. but to solve this, just remove the "prefabs" in that file.

and just in case more mods stop working because of this, I will post the error, so users searching for the error will find it: variable prefabs is not declared

edit:
the devs will "fix" it eventually :)

Edited by Serpens