Post your tricks! (Share anything you find useful!)

I think everyone should share survival tactiques and tricks here! :DFor example: You're in an area with wayyyy too many spiders all clustered together. Gather a couple pine cones, and make a kind of line of trees (like dominos) from one spider nest to another. Then, light one of the trees on fire (by making a campfire right next to it... AND RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIFEEE!!!!All the spiders will come out, but if you come back to the site in about 2 days or so, they will all be gone. YAY! :D Oh and idk if u guys know this, but if ur in an area with a lot of bunnies and dont want to waste hay on rope for traps, just try to figure out which bunny comes out of which hole, place a carrot away from the hole to lure the bunny away from its hole, then stand on the hole with a weapon, and attack the bunny (it will rush back TOWARDS you because you are on it's hole, and so u can kill it.) It works. I never use traps. I have about 20 morsels of meat in two days because of this technique hahaha

The rabbits will eat anything not meat that you drop- leave a stack berries sitting there... wait with ambush of pigs- ATTACK!!I got a 4 for one.the pigs will steal your meat when it drops. They are a lot slower on monster meat than beefaloo which they steal like there is no tomorrow.Tired of your pigs? Go to a swamp they will die

My pig army died in a swamp. *cries*I always burn the forest I make a camp in, because if you harvest the charcoal from the trees you can add it to the fire pit, and 8 trees could last 4-5 nights without any other source. That's one everyone knows, but if you're a bigger noob than me, your welcome.

I use ghosts to kill the beefalos for me :D

I discovered this by accident.

I made my camp near a burrowed mandrake and had to wait for the night to come to pull it out, so I started wondering around and found a grave. I dig it and a ghost came out. I started running towards the camp and i notice that he stopped following me and started moving towards the mandrake instead. He now just stays there, floating above the mandrake, in the middle of my camp.

Through experimentation I discovered ghosts hurt anything that crosses his path, not just you. Pigs, spiders, even beefalos.

I happened to be near a beefalo herd, so I waited for them to go to sleep, then pushed on into the ghost, and 2/18ths of time later he was dead. In his sleep.

I love this game.

The spiked tentacle dont only look better. But it does a tad more damage than the spear. Just realized this today, dont know if its just me who missed that :)

If I remember correctly, it takes about 7 hits with a spear to take down a spiketacle, but only 6 with the spiked tentacle. There's practically no difference with the smaller creeps (spiders, frogs) but it counts when facing the big ones.

Here's a "trick" I've discovered the hard way. Once you have the research and materials to prepare a meat effigy, don't make the mistake of not stocking the same camp with bare necessities, like food and firewood. When you die, you drop all of your things. You will emerge from the effigy as empty-pocketed as you began.