Klei need updating bug fixes and optimization

zVince

Game Don't Starve a long time ago, when I received the news that the Klei would launch a new DLC, I almost cried of happiness, one day after launch, bought the new DlC, I followed every update, each bug terrible, lost worlds (but normal was in early access), were in total 4 major upgrades with enough content, and after a bug-fixing release and balancing two weeks later another little bug fix update, after this last updated, no more nothing, to simply shut up Klei in question to the Shipwrecked, no update of bugs, I'm in a group of several members who complain of crashes and lag, the game urgently needs an update fixes and mainly optimize, my pc is not good but you can play several games at least heavy When there's something in large quantities in the SW, the fps drops slightly, as much as items on the floor, monkeys and grasses planted accumulations etc. .. Please release an update for the whole community of Don ' t Starve

(Sorry for the mistakes of English, I am not very fluent)

tQl4CHm.jpg

I totally understand what you mean. A bug fix and optimisation update is required, but I can't see it coming anytime soon; at least until they (finally) finish up with Through the Ages for DST.

To be fair, Shipwrecked is always going to be a heavy game. The graphics aren't great, yes, but the sheer amount of stuff that happens off-screen will keep your processor busy. This is pretty much essential, as Shipwrecked has a larger (well, more accessible) map than RoG, and it needs to make sure that mechanics on another island or on the ocean can take place.

But the bugs are ridiculous. I haven't gotten that many myself, excluding the invisible Sealnado thing. But looking at bug reports and the like, there's a lot of stuff that needs fixing.

1 hour ago, DeputyDeath said:

I totally understand what you mean. A bug fix and optimisation update is required, but I can't see it coming anytime soon; at least until they (finally) finish up with Through the Ages for DST.

DST shouldn't have much affect on SW development when it was Capy that developed this expansion. 

9 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

DST shouldn't have much affect on SW development when it was Capy that developed this expansion. 

True. But unless Klei has the funds to hire Capy again, I doubt it's going to happen.
Everybody's saying that they'd pay extra for more Shipwrecked content or updates. Maybe a kickstarter or donation DLC thing could be set up to fund it.

17 hours ago, DeputyDeath said:

True. But unless Klei has the funds to hire Capy again, I doubt it's going to happen.
Everybody's saying that they'd pay extra for more Shipwrecked content or updates. Maybe a kickstarter or donation DLC thing could be set up to fund it.

I'm on board if Klei starts this project on Kickstarter.... This game could be so great....

22 minutes ago, LordKhaver said:

O klei esta ignorando-nos: /

Verdade, uma empresa que sempre se preocupou com a gente , fazer isso com nos 

OPS True, a company that has always been concerned with us, do it with us

23 minutes ago, LordKhaver said:

The klei this ignoring us :/

8 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

*Capy

To be fair, Klei could work on it too without Capy if they got permission. Even if Klei themselves don't want to work on it, they're the ones that will control whether or not Capy continues work on Shipwrecked, and so they should really be the first people to whom we should raise the issue.

On a slightly different note, I do think that Klei/Capy will come back to Shipwrecked at some point in the future. Don't Starve Together appears to have been their main priority recently, and that's certainly nearing 'completion' (or at least I hope it is; some of the newest additions to that game are just terrible). After that is done, they're going to need something to occupy themselves with and fixing Shipwrecked would seem like the logical option, ESPECIALLY if the community wants to fund the development. Which we definitely do, because I think that Shipwrecked is freaking awesome as it is and I'd love it to be better (e.g. where are our conchs and fruit trees? I want my Lord of the Flies references, dammit).

3 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

To be fair, Klei could work on it too without Capy if they got permission. Even if Klei themselves don't want to work on it, they're the ones that will control whether or not Capy continues work on Shipwrecked, and so they should really be the first people to whom we should raise the issue.

On a slightly different note, I do think that Klei/Capy will come back to Shipwrecked at some point in the future. Don't Starve Together appears to have been their main priority recently, and that's certainly nearing 'completion' (or at least I hope it is; some of the newest additions to that game are just terrible). After that is done, they're going to need something to occupy themselves with and fixing Shipwrecked would seem like the logical option, ESPECIALLY if the community wants to fund the development. Which we definitely do, because I think that Shipwrecked is freaking awesome as it is and I'd love it to be better (e.g. where are our conchs and fruit trees? I want my Lord of the Flies references, dammit).

"Continues" hehehe. It kinda looks at least(maybe they're hiding) that ever since release, capy ran away to somewhere else as far away from sw as they can.

2 hours ago, turkislav said:

Bem, eu escrevi Klei apoiar um e-mail e eles dizem que estão trabalhando em um patch de correção de bugs SW, espero que a sua verdade.

guy,the adms already told me that more is already two months that they told me this and nothing and just to make the staff to shut up about the dlc

Klei is the publisher and the rightholder of SW and so they're responsible for further development. I also guess that Klei doesn't need Capy so bad to continue the work on SW. But without them they obviously need more time for the next patch. Especially during the dev of DST like DeputyDeath said. Here is an indication:

On 12.6.2016 at 10:49 PM, turkislav said:

Well I wrote Klei support an email and they say they are working on a SW bugfix patch, hopefully its true.

At least we got a slim hope.

The only criticism for my part is the lack of any response from Klei's side regarding SW including the locking of the bug tracker. This isn't a nice way to treat longstanding faithful users. CP

Not sure where to post this, but the only post I DID find on the topic was archived back in March this year. Shipwrecked lags horribly. It becomes unplayable soon after hurricane season starts. I can play Fallout 4, and my wife's PC has 16GB of memory and was purchased this year -- it also has no trouble with relatively high-end games. It is clear that Shipwrecked is in dire need of optimization. I assume there's a terrible memory leak somewhere, or at least bad memory management.

We both really love Don't Starve (particularly DST), and had high hopes for this DLC, which we thought were met... until it started raining.

20 hours ago, teyesahr said:

Not sure where to post this, but the only post I DID find on the topic was archived back in March this year. Shipwrecked lags horribly. It becomes unplayable soon after hurricane season starts. I can play Fallout 4, and my wife's PC has 16GB of memory and was purchased this year -- it also has no trouble with relatively high-end games. It is clear that Shipwrecked is in dire need of optimization. I assume there's a terrible memory leak somewhere, or at least bad memory management.

We both really love Don't Starve (particularly DST), and had high hopes for this DLC, which we thought were met... until it started raining.

Could you please post about this on our Shipwrecked Bug Tracker - this helps us keep any reported bugs trackable and in one location. Also, if possible, please provide your DxDiag (or a detailed list of your system specs) as well as your log.txt file. 

Archived