What changed?

GuyNamedChris

• Developer

Hmm... the forums do feel a bit different, but I thought it was just my mind playing tricks with me.

I thought this maintenance was just to clear the forums up, but if they did change something, it'd be nice to know what.

26 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Hmm... the forums do feel a bit different, but I thought it was just my mind playing tricks with me.

I thought this maintenance was just to clear the forums up, but if they did change something, it'd be nice to know what.

maybe they made something new but not so easy to notice?

• Developer
5 minutes ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

maybe they made something new but not so easy to notice?

Pretty sure the upgrade was most likely to update to a new, more updated version of this IPB format.

Some changes I saw really aren't that easy to notice, but it feels nicer still.

• Developer
5 minutes ago, PiturcaClaudiuStef said:

i would like to know them though if there are any still not seeing any though

One of the new things is that when editing comments now, when you click "save" it plays a proper saving animation, it seems.

Not sure about all the others, though.

I could be wrong but I think one of the new things added are the detailed buttons for condensed and expanded views under all activities.

new.png

From what I remember, there was only an icon without the words "expanded" and "condensed" before.

Outside of breaking email sending - new stuff is below: 

It's just an update to IPB for the most part. Also made some changes to how files were served so server should perform a bit better. Notable changes below

• When you mouseover the badge showing who liked a post, you will now see a larger list of who liked that post. You can still click to get the full list.
  • Ratings now show half-stars for the average (for example, if one user votes 3 stars and another 4, it will show 3 and a half stars) and there is now an indication if you have rated something.
  • A "Preview" button has been added to the post editor which shows how the post will appear after BBCode processing. Tabs show how the post will appear on desktop, tablet and mobile.
  • Users can now choose to ignore notifications for being mentioned in posts by particular users.
  • You can now filter searches by specific forums/categories.
  • The filter dropdowns now have an "Apply" button for better usability (previously you had to click outside the dropdown).
  • The "Expanded/Collapsed" toggles are now clearer.
  • Hitting back from a clicked item in any activity stream now remembers your position and loaded results.
  • The "All Activity" activity stream now has an RSS feed.
  • The filter bar at the top of the activity stream no longer sticks to the stop of the screen when scrolling.
  • If you receive a browser notification your notification menu will now reload to get the latest notification.
  • More consistent visual feedback when a post submit or edit is processing to reduce duplicates.
  • Sidebar widgets now how rounded corners to match rest of Suite.

Archived