Publishing Mod Error

Hi everyone, I have a problem and need your help.

I spent several weeks making my own mod but now find it unable to publish it using the ModUploader. 

I have tried many many times in the past 12 hours but all failed. 

I got the same error :

"FinalizePublish()
15:36:30: Setting 3 tags...
15:36:30:    all_clients_require_mod
15:36:30:    character
15:36:30:    version:0.1.1
15:36:30: Progress: Publishing...
15:36:30: OnPublishWorkshopFileResult 
15:36:30:    EResult 24. ffffffffffffffff"

I asked my friend for help and he successfully published it after several times using his own account, he did used my account before but failed.

I searched the forum and found someone had the similar pronlem, he thought the reason was his DST was a gift from friend!

My game is a gift too, and actually I haven't spent any money on steam... So, is it the reason why I can't publish my mod to workshop?

I really want to publish my mod using my own account...

Any help please? Thank you!!!

And there is my log:ModUploader.log

OK, now I know why......
What features are unavailable to me?

Limited users are prevented from accessing several features on Steam, including but not limited to:

• Sending friend invites
  • Opening group chat
  • Voting on Greenlight, Steam Reviews and Workshop items
  • Participating in the Steam Market
  • Posting frequently in the Steam Discussions
  • Gaining Steam Profile Levels (Locked to level 0) and Trading Cards
  • Submitting content on the Steam Workshop
  • Posting in an item's Steam Workshop Discussions
  • Accessing the Steam Web API
  • Using browser and mobile chat
  • Adding public artwork and screenshots
  • Creating Steam groups

@V2C @nome

I hope having DST as a gift isnt the reason for it, because then it would the same case for me. I Buyed DST over my Girlfriends Account she doesnt like Survival games but she tryd it out with me so she gave me the extra copy. For me im a Big fan of Dont Starve Together and making Mods etc... would really dissapointed when this is the case.

I Hope any from Klei team can confirm this isnt the case why we cant uplaod mods for Dont Starve . -.

Greetings

Edited by SenpaiArtorias

1 hour ago, SenpaiArtorias said:

@V2C @nome

I hope having DST as a gift isnt the reason for it, because then it would the same case for me. I Buyed DST over my Girlfriends Account she doesnt like Survival games but she tryd it out with me so she gave me the extra copy. For me im a Big fan of Dont Starve Together and making Mods etc... would really dissapointed when this is the case.

I Hope any from Klei team can confirm this isnt the case why we cant uplaod mods for Dont Starve . -.

Greetings

the error numbers dont seem to be the same, and I believe TimeDicine might have some sort of limitation on his account due to him not having spent 5$ on his account

1 minute ago, Aquaterion said:

the error numbers dont seem to be the same, and I believe TimeDicine might have some sort of limitation on his account due to him not having spent 5$ on his account

Ok hope so just want to be sure , the rumor about the Gifted DST version limitation arnt true.

The Error numbers arnt identify but my error codes changing sometimes with the same error so its hard to determine :/ . About the Account Limitation because 5€ / 5 $ well i know this feature but my account is from the time this wasnt a thing on steam so i dont have any account limitations . -.

• Developer
8 hours ago, TimeDicine said:

actually I haven't spent any money on steam... So, is it the reason why I can't publish my mod to workshop?

Yeah, Valve is always trying to deal with bad actors on steam and one of their recent moves is limiting certain things to only accounts that've spent $5 or more. I'm afraid this one is out of our control, it's a Valve decision.

2 hours ago, nome said:

Yeah, Valve is always trying to deal with bad actors on steam and one of their recent moves is limiting certain things to only accounts that've spent $5 or more. I'm afraid this one is out of our control, it's a Valve decision.

Well @nome i have the same problem but i have no Account limitations and @Muche tryd with my file too uplaoding it and had 80 % fails until he randomly was able to do it with luck  , im also already used money on my account but well for me it still says the same error messages over and over again . -. . Any Ideas ?

Greetings

Edited by SenpaiArtorias

14 minutes ago, SenpaiArtorias said:

Well @nome i have the same problem but i have no Account limitations and @Muche tryd with my file too uplaoding it and had 80 % fails until he randomly was able to do it with luck  , im also already used money on my account but well for me it still says the same error messages over and over again . -. . Any Ideas ?

Greetings

Are you sure you tried everything? and that you have no file names have diacritics in them, or symbols, have u tried uploading without an image or a different one?

Edited by Aquaterion

• Developer
4 minutes ago, SenpaiArtorias said:

Sure np didnt know whos the one we need to ask from the Klei team

Nobody expects you to. :) Thanks for reporting, I'm sure Peter will reply when he gets back to work.

4 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

Are you sure you tried everything? and that you have no file names have diacritics in them, or symbols, have u tried uploading without an image or a different one?

Well i already tryd everything i can think of even Muches method how it worked for him. Its also my first Uplaod so i need to fill all fields (image , data) etc..~

Greetings

Edited by SenpaiArtorias

• Developer

Yeah  EResult 24 is  // Insufficient privilege according to our Steam docs, so it is most likely because the account hasn't been authorized until a purchase has been made, as the above posts were also thinking.

@SenpaiArtorias can you post your ModUploader.log so I can take a look at what error you're getting. It should be located at C:\Users\<your user account>\AppData\Local\Don't Starve Mod Uploader

15 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Yeah  EResult 24 is  // Insufficient privilege according to our Steam docs, so it is most likely because the account hasn't been authorized until a purchase has been made, as the above posts were also thinking.

@SenpaiArtorias can you post your ModUploader.log so I can take a look at what error you're getting. It should be located at C:\Users\<your user account>\AppData\Local\Don't Starve Mod Uploader

I believe he had error 9, if that helps

37 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

I believe he had error 9, if that helps

@Aquaterion

Oh yes Aquaterion Thank u :p , was posting in this thread because it was similar problem but now its clear duo to his account limitation i have another problem. But i can still make a new moduplaoder.log and link it in my thread and mention u Peter.

Edit : Well ok i dont want to bother anyone but i tryd now after 3 days again to publish it and i still got 4 times and error with preview Image , and on the 5 time i was succes on it now it was uplaoded.

That means it seems to having an error on the steam side not the moduplaoder i assume. ?

But still curious @PeterA What all this different error codes means , i mean we have anywhere a list with all this error codes for moduplaoder we can take to self investigate ?

Greetings

Edited by SenpaiArtorias