An Unfortunate Death

Basically, I was sailing in my armoured boat, but it was badly damaged. My sail had gone, I was out of repair kits and I was far away from land. I realised I'd probably sink, so I put on my emergency life jacket. I sunk, as I thought I would and I spawned on a tiny desert island. I then died as due to a lack of flint, I couldn't make even a raft to escape on. The only food was limpets. And so I died, starving and insane. RIP WX-78

The worst bit was that it was monsoon season, so I kept getting system overload and healed. It took forever to die
Anyone else have any death stories like this?

death.jpg

56 minutes ago, IONASPHERE said:

I realised I'd probably sink, so I put on my emergency life jacket. I sunk, as I thought I would and I spawned on a tiny desert island. I then died as due to a lack of flint, I couldn't make even a raft to escape on.

I thought that when you died wearing a Life Jacket you spawned with enough resources to make a Log Raft: http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Life_Jacket

Is this not the case? If so I will need to update the wiki.

3 hours ago, IONASPHERE said:

Anyone else have any death stories like this?

Well you want to hear about the pengulls, or the spiders, or the waves, or the deerclops, or the frog rain, or the BEES THE F**** BEES!!!!

*cough* i have so many stories to tell!

4 hours ago, Daggaroth said:

I thought that when you died wearing a Life Jacket you spawned with enough resources to make a Log Raft: http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Life_Jacket

Is this not the case? If so I will need to update the wiki.

I got struck by lightning when I spawned, half the logs caught fire. Sometimes being a walking lightning rod sucks

13 minutes ago, IONASPHERE said:

I got struck by lightning when I spawned, half the logs caught fire. Sometimes being a walking lightning rod sucks

I suspected that might be the case when I saw that you were WX-78. You'd think that since you respawn with an empty inventory they would just put the resources straight in there, where they're safe. Speaking of spawning with items beside you instead of in your inventory, I attempted Adventure Mode with Warly. The first chapter I got was King of Winter, which starts with the players next to some burning trees... I spawned with a Chef Pouch nearby and it instantly caught ablaze.

13 minutes ago, Daggaroth said:

I suspected that might be the case when I saw that you were WX-78. You'd think that since you respawn with an empty inventory they would just put the resources straight in there, where they're safe. Speaking of spawning with items beside you instead of in your inventory, I attempted Adventure Mode with Warly. The first chapter I got was King of Winter, which starts with the players next to some burning trees... I spawned with a Chef Pouch nearby and it instantly caught ablaze.

That sucks. I suppose console commands would fix the issue, but it always feels...cheaty

Lightning is a b***h in SW as i had to learn. First time playing I was Wendy and did pretty well all things considerd had a decend base had a good amount of Ressources and because of poison weapons Hounds with the help of Abigail where a joke even during the day.

Anyway so one day during Hurricane season i started to go out and explore a bit mostly for some new sources of FLint and Gold because i started to run low so I set sail and looked for some new Islands. Then suddenly lightningstorm and not the nice version of a lightningstorm. In less then 2 minutes I went from full HP to dead because I got bombarded by lightning bolts (that was before i learned that a Snakeskin Hat protects against bolts).

Gotta say I was pretty salty after that death but watcha gonna do when you play a new expansion without knowiung anything about it (and for reference I also never touched RoG before because I was semi burned out on DS after the Caves came out so i never really played RoG till SW Early Acces release so i didn't know of protective gear against lightning).

Archived