[Game Update] - 174230

• Developer
17 hours ago, Mudley said:

I noticied that I can now change loadouts when offline, is this related to the "Character portraits are now dynamically loaded to save memory" thing?

Nope, shouldn't be affected by the dynamic loading. How are you putting your game into offline mode? Is it happening 100% of the time?

Are you referring to changing your clothing in the lobby/character select, or with the wardrobe, or with the loadout button from the collection screen in the frontend?

3 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Nope, shouldn't be affected by the dynamic loading. How are you putting your game into offline mode? Is it happening 100% of the time?

Are you referring to changing your clothing in the lobby/character select, or with the wardrobe, or with the loadout button from the collection screen in the frontend?

By selecting offline while trying to login.

I can change clothing via lobby and wardrobe, but not via the colletion menu.

And yes, 100% of the time.

Edited by Mudley
  • Like 1

• Developer
8 minutes ago, Mudley said:

I can change clothing via lobby and wardrobe, but not via the colletion menu.

Hmm I haven't been able to reproduce this. Do you have any mods or local changes to dressuppanel.lua? Might be worth doing a verify cache in Steam to make sure there aren't any out of date files.

If you're comfortable in lua, you could try adding a print( "### Is game online?", TheNet:IsOnlineMode() ) to line 48 of dressuppanel.lua. That'll tell us if the UI is thinking you're online for some reason.

38 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Hmm I haven't been able to reproduce this. Do you have any mods or local changes to dressuppanel.lua? Might be worth doing a verify cache in Steam to make sure there aren't any out of date files.

If you're comfortable in lua, you could try adding a print( "### Is game online?", TheNet:IsOnlineMode() ) to line 48 of dressuppanel.lua. That'll tell us if the UI is thinking you're online for some reason.

I actually just found out that you have to make the game restart via the 'Apply' button on the 'Mods' menu, then it will always happen. And no, no mods active while doing this.

Just informing that, while I'm capable of changing clothes, everything else works as it should when offline, such as the red "Offline" on the top right and the warnings.

Also, I put the code on dressuppanel.lua, but I was not able to notice any difference, it's suppose to go like this, right?

Spoiler

jTYk1GA.png

Nevermind, I'm blind. Here it is, apparently, even with the warning and everything, the game thinks I'm actually online:

Spoiler

10wE5E6.png

Edited by Mudley
  • Like 1

• Developer
26 minutes ago, Mudley said:

I actually just found out that you have to make the game restart via the 'Apply' button on the 'Mods' menu, then it will always happen. And no, no mods active while doing this.

Just informing that, while I'm capable of changing clothes, everything else works as it should when offline, such as the red "Offline" on the top right and the warnings.

Interesting! Thanks for tracking down those repro steps!