Fan made Wilson's field notes

There hasn't been a official one recently so I thought I'd try making my own.

List of story's

[*]Bees

[*]Hats

[*]Science machine and Refining

[*]Fireflies

[*]Swamp

[*]Cooking with Wilson

[*]The Dapper Beefalo

Bees

As I was picking berries today I heard the most peculiar noise. It sounded like one of the machines I used to have in my laboratory, but it seemed to be all around me. Being a scientist I couldn't help myself, I had to investigate this strange noise. I started walking towards the one that sounded closest and just as the sound was becoming unbearable I saw it, hovering just above a flower, a small, and strangely, four eyed bee. I must investigate these bees further.

Later that day

Since my last entry I have find several more bees and, to my delight, the hive! Who knows what tasty treats it may hold, but when to steal them?

The next day

The sun was in the middle of the sky and all the bees seemed to be away, so I took my chance… Success! The treats were mine at last! The honey is a nice change from berries, and I think I may even try building a box for this honeycomb to raise my own bees, but I'm going to need a new hat…

Feel free to criticize and make your own notes.:)

Edited by Toaster Fu
You didn't see that. An nether did you!

Okey here is another one. This time

Hats

Frankly I'm sick of it! This stupid sun constantly burning my head, glaring in my eyes, making my tools too hot to touch. It's time to put a stop to it! it's time for a hat. But what to make it out of?

Later that day

I've started experimenting with weaving grass into small strips and it's going well, but the sun is going down so I will have to try making a hat tomorrow.

The next day

Success! It's a bit flimsy but it will do for now. And what a relief it is to have a hat! Take that sun!

A few days later

My hat is beginning to fall apart, Soon it will be nothing more then a pile of dried grass. I must find a more suitable materiel. I wonder…

That evening

I am camped near the beefalo herd waiting for night to fall. Their wool should make a much more durable hat then that flimsy grass.

Dawn

The shaving of the beefalo went without incident and I have just finished the new hat. Who knows how I managed to sow it together in my sleep deprived state, but it's done and boy does it stink!

A fortnight later

I am sick of this lowdown dirty survival, I long for the class I once had. So once more it is time for a new hat! I have a couple pieces of spider silk, but I am going to need a lot more for this to be a truly fantastic hat.

Several days later

After many log suits and spears, bumps and bruises and cuts and bites I finally have enough spider silk to make this status symbol I so long after.

Later

It's done! Oh finally it's done! This top hat is a thing of beauty and I shall wear it proudly on my head as if it was a crown.

Edited by Toaster Fu

Well no one has told me to stop so here go's!

Science machine and refining

If I am to survive this harsh environment I must more closely study these materials which I find in this place. A simple machine to grind things up in should do nicely. If I am to construct this, what shall I call it, "science machine" I must first refine these raw materials which I have been collecting.

A few days later

I have collected what I think is going to be enough materials to build the science machine. I have chiseled and smoothed some stone, I have cut and sanded some wood into planks, and I have braided some grass into ropes. The finle count of materials used was, 12X rocks, 18X wood and 12X grass.

Later

I have just finished the science machine and now it is time to test it for the first time. I throw in a piece of grass, and with a crunch, a blow and a whistle it was done. It feels as though I am somehow slightly smarter, not much, but slightly.

A couple of days later

After some *experimenting it seems as though the rarer the item the more I learn from it. *With this newfound knowledge I have already made a more efficient fire for myself, but that's a story for another day. I must say if you ever find your self in the wild a science machine is one of the first things you should do.

What is this place Wilson is stuck in? Who is he writing to? Who sent him here and why? Find out next time on Wilson's field notes! (not really)

Edited by Toaster Fu

Fireflies

It's late at night and I am getting ready to sleep when I see it, at the edge of my camp, a little ball of light. It swirls this way and that way, twisting and turning. it is a stunning sight to behold. I quickly make myself a torch and bravely rush towards the light. As I get closer I notice that it isn't one large light but multiple small lights huddled together, not daring to leave their group. I move yet closer still and I finally see what they are… fireflies! I can't let them get away, I simply must catch them. I use what spider silk I have left to make a simple net and fasten it to some sticks. I rush back to them just as the sun is coming up, and right as they start to blink out I snatch them! They are such a gorgeous sight to behold, you would love them for sure there is no doubt. If only you where here… Edited by Toaster Fu

My trade thread is pretty much dead so I needed a new signature, but I wanted to keep the same format so I needed a quote and if you look through the thread there aren't that many I could use.[insert "true story" meme here]EDIT: thank you though for a even better sig.:D

Edited by Toaster Fu

Swamp

I discovered a new island today, the ground is slimy, squishy and all together unpleasant. And there's this strange rumbling that seems to be coming from the ground. The trees are all dead and rotting and the grass here looks more like some type of reed. As I was walking though this… swamp I saw a little pond on the horizon. I thought it might be good place to get a drink from so I walked towards it. When I got their I could see that the "water" in the pond was a black inky substance not fit for drinking at all! Then suddenly I heard a splash, and when I looked to see what made the noise I saw the biggest frog I have ever seen. It was huge! Bigger then even the bunnies in the fields. It started hopping towards me and when it got near it lashed out with its tongue! I took off running and didn't look back. But then I heard the rumbling again, it was getting closer then suddenly POP! A tentacle like thing covered in spikes leaped out of the ground and started cutting into me, slashing back and forth. I ran, ran for my life when another one popped up in front of me just as I was running past and sliced my back. I just kept running until finally I found a forest, I dashed in just as it was getting dark, made a fire and vowed never to go to the swamp again. Edited by Toaster Fu

Chef Wilson's

Cooking with Wilson

Welcome to cooking with Wilson my name is Wilson and I going to be your host for the evening. Tonight I'm going to be teaching you how to make delectable grilled vegetables. Anybody will eat these, even the most picky eaters in your family will love them. And it's a easy to cook, what more do you need? So let's get started. Now the veggies are the most important part so I'm going to show you how to pick the perfect ones. When picking veggies it's important to know how much fertilizer was used when they where grown, if to much was used they are going to be bland and tasteless, but if not enough fertilizer was used then they are going to taste a little earthy. I prefer to use about two to three handfuls of fertilizer depending on the crop. Okey now that we have these lovely vegetables let's get them on the grill. When your grilling them you don't want to make the flame to big, if it's to big your going to have a vary crispy vegetable. I like to keep it just below the highest setting, that will give them a nice crunch but not to much. They just need to be on the fire a few seconds, not much at all. Annndd done, let's see how these turned out, mmmm delicious. So there we have it, a simple to cook meal the whole family will enjoy. Goodnight and I hope you will join me next time on Cooking With Wilson.

Edited by Toaster Fu

The Dapper Beefalo

I saw him one morning drinking tea, sitting on his chair above the sea.
As he sat their he looked vary content, unlike those twigs I just bent.
When he had finished his tea he got down from his chair and took a breath of the cool morning air.
He was a marvelous site to see, even though I was about to be swarmed by bees. Edited by Toaster Fu